• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Extreme Kata

Pogo

I"m about 20 years too late to do extreme forms and went through two knee surgeries trying to do wild creative forms. Now switched to safer forms which is okay for senior divisions and have done better as a competitor ever since. Was fortunate enough to win titles in NBL, WSKF and NASKA. But I still love watching all you younger guys and gals doing the extreme forms.

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i think there is no point in alot of it but it is cool to see someone with that much talent pushing the level of the techniques

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• 1 month later...
Its for the fun! I dont do it, but I used to compete in wushu which is also very acrobatic and flashy. Some people just love perfoming highly technical and spectacular jumping kicks. Its a rush. Just like doing a skateboard or a bike trick.I had a passion for doing spectacular tricks and flips when I was younger.I also loved MA. Wushu gave me a way of combining my 2 passions into one powerfull challenging and spectacular artform. I wasn't really concerned with self defence at the time. Most people who practise extream performance oriented arts realise its not practical, but thats not what they do it for anyway.

These days I keep my performance arts and fighting arts separate. I perform with fire knives, incorporating alot of staff , double sword and jumping tricks in my routine. If someone was to ask me how I would apply some of my moves against an opponent I'd just laugh at them! I dont carry my knives around with me and I dont use them for SD! I perform with them ,and I get great enjoyment from it. I also make a few bucks here and there putting on shows. Similarly xtream MArtists can use their talents in the movie/entertainment industry.

The MA may have started out as primarily SD oriented but they have evolved into a variety of forms, each with a place and a purpose in this diverse world.

Good post Drag'n! You made some good points. :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!