• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Extreme Kata

Pogo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah pretty much is. There is a story i think it was like bushi matsumura but a guy attacked him and with a relaly big jumping attack and he just stepped around and kicked him into the wall. Jumping can be good but its not very smart to use against someone whos good.

Focus

Its for the fun! I dont do it, but I used to compete in wushu which is also very acrobatic and flashy. Some people just love perfoming highly technical and spectacular jumping kicks. Its a rush. Just like doing a skateboard or a bike trick.I had a passion for doing spectacular tricks and flips when I was younger.I also loved MA. Wushu gave me a way of combining my 2 passions into one powerfull challenging and spectacular artform. I wasn't really concerned with self defence at the time. Most people who practise extream performance oriented arts realise its not practical, but thats not what they do it for anyway.

These days I keep my performance arts and fighting arts separate. I perform with fire knives, incorporating alot of staff , double sword and jumping tricks in my routine. If someone was to ask me how I would apply some of my moves against an opponent I'd just laugh at them! I dont carry my knives around with me and I dont use them for SD! I perform with them ,and I get great enjoyment from it. I also make a few bucks here and there putting on shows. Similarly xtream MArtists can use their talents in the movie/entertainment industry.

The MA may have started out as primarily SD oriented but they have evolved into a variety of forms, each with a place and a purpose in this diverse world.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 1 month later...

The point is that is it entertaining and an athletic activity, much like gymnastics and figure skating. If some people like watching and some people like doing them, then that's okay. No harm in it.

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

showmenship is a part of martial arts and the extreme forms or xma as you may be reffering to emphasises on that quite a bit.

I perform in extreme creative forms and weapons and ae going for a title.

It's for anything but self defense and I realise that but that's why xma isn't the only thing i do.

"There is no bad student only bad teacher"