• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full Contact tourney in middle TN

SenseiMike

Hey guys, I thought I'd get on here and mention the tournament my school's sponsoring on Nov 5th. It's Kfst, pronounced like k fist :wink: , short for Karate FreeStyle Tournament. There's 3 weight classes and divisions for colored belts, and black belts. I'll put a quick version of the rules here, but you should contact me for full info if your interested.

It's $35 to enter, Trophies for first thro third place, and everyone gets a t shirt for entering that'll read "full contact fighter" on the back.

Kfst Rules

Rules:

1) Kicks are allowed to the legs (except for the front area of the knee), the torso, and the head of any fighter so long as they are on their feet.

2) Hand techniques (punches, knife hands, ridge hands, back fists etc...) are allowed to the head and torso. Elbows are allowed to body, but not too the head.

3) All judo, wrestling, jujitsu, karate style throws, sweeps, and take downs are allowed, so long as they will not send a fighter out of bounds.

4) There will be a 15 second submission timer, where as one fighter may hold the other in a submission hold. After 15 seconds the referee will separate the fighters.

5) There is a 5 second “grounding” timer where as a fighter may strike his opponent with hand techniques only, should his opponent be taken to the ground. The timer will be 15 seconds in the case of submissions.

6) All fighters are expected to ware a standard gi, that may be of any color, and feature any markings/patches/designs so long as they are not offensive.

7) All fighters must supply their own “sparring gear” and it must be worn in full. A full set is required, consisting of helmet, gloves, shin guards, boots (unless the shin guard includes an instep guard) mouth guard, groin protector, elbow pads.

Fouls:

1) Strikes to the groin or front area of the knee.

2) Finger or other small joint locks.

3) Grabbing the hair, sparring gear, or groin of your opponent.

4) Strikes to the throat.

5) Strikes to the back of your opponent’s torso or head.

6) Single hand or finger chokes

7) Attacking the eyes

8 ) Spitting or biting

9) Un-sportsman like conduct.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt