• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to remove adhesive ...

karatekid1975

Was it an adhesive that was activated by the heat of an iron, an iron on stripe? If so you may be able to place an absorbant material over the belt and reheat it with the iron and hopefully the absorbant material will absorb the adhesive.

Good call Sai :brow:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it an adhesive that was activated by the heat of an iron, an iron on stripe? If so you may be able to place an absorbant material over the belt and reheat it with the iron and hopefully the absorbant material will absorb the adhesive.

No, I had my stripes for 8 months (10 now) at the time of my test. But it was activated by water (rain). Don't ask me how LOL. But if Pacificshore's idea doesn't work, I'll try that.

Laurie F

Good call Sai :brow:

We wore iron on stripes to denote weapons rank. They can leave some gunk behind when they come off.

• 3 weeks later...

Try this product call GOO GONE. You can buy it in Wal-Mart , Home depot etc.. Do not use it in silk, leather, suede or rubber. (That's what the directions say) It takes masking tape, gum, and more. (I sound like an advertisment) Try it. Hope it work! :D

Yeh, Goo Gone is awesome- if you can't find it or it doesnt work you may want to try soaking it in hot water with a high concentration of some detergent (a lot of detergent in a little water), then try rubbing it off.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

White spirit might work - but it's extremely flammable so maybe not a great idea unless you can wash the belt after.

That might work, as long as it doesn't "bleach" my red belt. Washing it doesn't bother me, so I might give that a try.The same with the GOO GONE.

That's my only concern, is the bleaching affect of any product. My belt is already starting to fade by itself (and two washings) over 11 months LOL.

But thanks so much for your advice all :)

Laurie F