• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what would best fit people like me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

im 5'9, roughly same weight

i suggest kickboxing, and if i was you i would leave now, cuz your gonna get a crap load of "its what suits you, is the right art of you" talk, and your just gonna get no where

:lol:

only jokin lassie

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

You should decide what you are looking to get out of the Martial Arts, and do not be afraid to ask the instructor about those points. There are Sport Arts (Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Tournament Karate), Striking Arts (Karate, Chinese Boxing, Tae Kwon Do), Grappling Arts (Aikido, Jujutsu, Ch'in Na) and Weapon Arts (Kyudo, Kendo, Escrima). Arts have different philosophies and goals. You should decide which one interests you, and then look into the schools that teach that style, in your area. Contrary to popular opinion..... Size does not matter! ...

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan BlackBelt TKD(ITF)

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-03-19 17:58 ]

You should look into numerous different styles and pick one based on how comfortable you feel and what your interests are and not on what your size is.

If you are interetsed more in kicking and punching take TKD, Kung Fu or Kempo, ext. If you are more interested in ground fighting/grappling take Judo or Jujitsu.

When two tigers fight, one dies and the other is mortally wounded.

I find a school with a verifiable reputation theres alot of crap out there

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Mate, do everything and anything!! Try it all...

I'm 19 and i've done: Kyokushin Karate, Kickboxing, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Goju Ryu (which was actually Goju Kai) Karate, Wushu, Zen Do Kai Karate, Zen Goshu Karate... Mate, i've done so many that i think i may have left out a few... It's all about developing your own style...

Martial Arts is good for u in general my friend, don't limit yourself.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Hey..im 5/9 129 ibs aswell..and i do kung fu.It doest really matter what build you are..its just what martial arts you prefer.I like kung fu because they teach you how to fight.After i learn how to fight they are going to teach me whu shu..the fancy stuff...I CANT WAIT!!!!! :nod:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

i practice kung fu aswell van_damme,

i personally dont agree with angus's approach,

i feel that you first should be consistent in one art, and then if you feel experienced enough from it, then move onto another

you must have mentioned at least ten art angus, which i doubt you spent more than a year on, you need at least two years of training in art, to really be experienced from it and to achieve the benifits, rather than attending the seminars for an art, every other tuesday

will, - what do you want to do your art for

if for rude boy - tkd

if for hard knock - kickboxing

if for lethal - bjj

sorry for the terminology, take your pick :wink:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk