• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi from So Cal

sifumary

:) Thank you for your warm welcomes! :)

Its my 6-10 yr old class that I am having trouble with. Do I do the watered down kenpo curriculum my sensei was doing when I went I left? Do I go back and do the traditional kenpo program and overwhelm them with 22 techniques per belt level? Or do I do my own program.. a mixture of kenpo, shotokan and some fitness training? I'm leaning toward doing my own program since I will only have these kids for 8 weeks, once a week. Instead of a traditional karate program, my goal may be to get them excited about martial arts so that they can join a traditional program in the future. Of course, if I have students re-enroll I may need start a traditional belt rank program. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

What do you think?

Mary W.

In my opinion...even though I'm not Ninjanurse ;)....is I think your on the right track with doing your own program with the mixture, especially of you see them once a week. Plus with kids, maturity is always a factor when seeing how much information they can absorb, plus the time of day, etc. If your program will meet your goal of simply keeping the kids interested in a regular program down the road, then that will equal success...don't you think?

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt