• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Information about Advanced Hyungs

Just by browsing around on the Information Superhighway, I have found a lot of information on the first 10 or 12 Chun-gi patterns (Chun-gi through Gae-Baek). After that the information becomes scarcer. I can find very little information on Yoo-Shin, Ko-Dang, Po Eun and the other advanced forms.

I’ve found a couple sites that tell the meaning of the names such as this one. I’m really looking for more in depth information such as the meaning for the pattern, such as the side-to-side pattern of Po Eun, and the almost entirely retreating pattern of Ko-Dang. I’m also interested in any hidden applications that may not be so obvious.

Does anyone know of a website, book, video or any other media that has detailed information about these hyungs?

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well Choi's original book and I'm sure his encyclopedia and CD-ROM both tell the meanings of the patterns. As to the application part I'm not sure.

Long Live the Fighters!

Although is seemed to be "temporaily unavailable" I'd suggest this forum.

http://www.itf-information.com/main.htm

They also have info on the patterns!

They've helped me in the past. Best of luck.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

General Choi's encyclopedia doesn't offer much information on the meaning or translation of the forms, just the layout and moves. There may be a book on the subject; I'll be the guinea pig, and just buy the book! (like I need an excuse to buy more books!) :D

OK, I ordered that book last week, and I should have it sometime this week. I will dig into it, and see what it offers. Hopefully, by this weekend, I will be knee-deep in Korean bunkai!!!!!

OK, I ordered that book last week, and I should have it sometime this week. I will dig into it, and see what it offers. Hopefully, by this weekend, I will be knee-deep in Korean bunkai!!!!!

Excellent. I haven't gotten a new book in a while, let me know if it is any good.

Thanks.

Excellent. I haven't gotten a new book in a while, let me know if it is any good.

Thanks.

Will do.

Thanks.

Will do.

All right, I got the book, and have begun to read it. There is lots of interesting history information in it, along with some things about Gen. Choi Hong Hi that I did not know. So far, it is very interesting.

I glanced ahead to some to the advanced forms, just to take a peak, and it is like, wow, it will totally change the way that I train TKD. I will keep you posted.