• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Class prices.

Hey all.

I'm about to start ITF TKD (at a club called Phoneix TKD), but before I attended the classes, I wrote an email to the school, to enquire about the prices and got a response today. One of the instructors told me the that the prices for adult classes worked out as follows:

Single lessons can be charged at £7.50 each. So, 7.50 X the lessons I wish to attend over the course of the month which is 2 times a week (8 lessons a month) = £7.50 X 8 = 60. Thats very high over the course of the month. Nope.

Then he offered £30 per month for 2 lessons per week, (so thats £7.50 X 2 = £15. £15 a week X 4 weeks of attending lessons = £60)

Ok. Thats half-price, £30 off. This seems like the best offer.

or

£25 per month for 1 lesson per week.

(£7.50 X 4 = 30)

Alright. Only £5 off. I'll stick with the top.

He then went on to say:

"however it is financially better to go for a monthly payment option."

Something about that line seemed to trigger suspicion. I havent met him yet, and the discussion of money is already on the platter. In my WTF school, were were allowed a free week to see whether we liked the class or not. There was no mention of a free week on the website, so I should enquire. I did the figures to be sure which offer was the best. And he is right. One of the monthly paying options is financially better (£30 a month). Nevertheless, I would just like to know (if it's okay with any of you) how much you pay for classes and if any of you think those prices are unreasonable. If so, can you list any ITF TKD schools in the Guilford, Surrey area, or perhaps even a Kyokushin dojo if possible. I know this is the Korean MA forum, but so many KF posters so a multitude of arts.

Thanx for any responses.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Request a free lesson, and sit in on another and just watch. See how the classes are taught. See if you like the instrutors. By all means, sign nothing, pay nothing until you're happy with what you have, and will be happy in the future! I would say try to train atleast twice a week if not more. Remember, just because he's not certified, doesn't mean he's not good, and just because he is certified, doesn't mean he's not a joke!

Best of luck to you! :karate:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Defintly ask to sit in on some lessons for free. a good school will not even hesitate on this. Does anyone know the conversion of a pound to the american dollar?

According to the following web site, one pound is around $1.80 US.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

So, for two lessons a week, Superfoot would be paying approx. $55/month. Not too bad IMHO.

I'd echo everyone else's advice to ask for a few free lessons to decide. Where I go, we routinely give an entire month of free lessons to new students...

One other word of advice...don't sign up to any long term contracts.

Something about that line seemed to trigger suspicion. I havent met him yet, and the discussion of money is already on the platter.

Well, you were the one to bring up money first. That should be considered. :roll:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Something about that line seemed to trigger suspicion. I havent met him yet, and the discussion of money is already on the platter.

Well, you were the one to bring up money first. That should be considered. :roll:

Absolutely right. Money was the last thing I brought up though, I first enquired how the classes were run, and how the general structure of practice is performed. However, I only asked what the prices for classes were. When advice on "how best to spend your money" is given, I usually have a mutual discussion with the affected person. But he was correct. As I deduced, the paying monthly is a better option. The £30 option that is. I haven't heard back from him yet regarding the free week.

And by the person telling you that it is cheaper to go with the monthly fee, this is good business. Nothing strange about it. I am sure they will allow you to sit in for a week for free. Also I would still look else where for comparison. It does not hurt.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

And by the person telling you that it is cheaper to go with the monthly fee, this is good business. Nothing strange about it. I am sure they will allow you to sit in for a week for free. Also I would still look else where for comparison. It does not hurt.

Of course, I'm still searching around and about.

• 2 weeks later...

I pay 20 fijian dollars a month for all of the arts i study in so thats about... 12 dollars US... how much is that in pounds?

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!