• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll: Would you prefer to train under a Korean instructor?

Korean/Westerner/any instructor preferable?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Korean/Westerner/any instructor preferable?

• Korean
    • Westerner
    • doesn't matter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beeing a karateka , i'd perefer to train under a japanese instructor :D

Seriously , i don't think it makes any difference , not all korean ( japanese , chinese) instructors are good , some of them are really crappy , and some are real good instructors , same goes to westerns , i'd train under the best instructor no matter where he comes from

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I voted "doesn't matter." My TSD instructor was Puerto Rician. He was a very good instructor. Very "picky" LOL. His teacher (our GM) was Korean, though (also an excellent teacher).

My instructor now is Chinese. He is tough on technique, and disipline. The senior instructor is American. He is good also (not as picky as the master instructor, though).

I also studied from an American instructor (TKD MDK) that had a huge ego.

I was never taught by a Korean (Directly, that is). But, to me, where they are from, doesn't matter. As long as they have the qualities of a good instructor.

Laurie F

American, Korean, Jewish, Scandanavian, if they can teach me something, I will learn from them...it doesnt matter if they 16 or 96...

I learn from people everyday of my life.

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

The question posed: DOES MATTER (to some people).

Some people feel that finding an instructor who is directly from the country of origin of the art taught is very important.

I. for one. do not feel that way. I think that anyone can teach me anything. Doesnt matter culture, race, age...(relatively)...

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

I've met people that think learning martial arts from an asian instructor is better because they think that he/she is more in touch with what the style is about and therfore knows more.This has been from both non-asian and asian people.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I've had Hawaiian , Japanese, Chinese, Phillipino, and American. They all had something valuable to give and were excellent teachers of their arts.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/