Fingertip Srikes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even better do palm strikes.Those are hardcore.

I've never heard that. But I've heard that closed handed punches are for "baby" fighters. By this the person who told it to me was stating that a more advanced fighter will use open handed techniques once he or she has mastered them.

As for this discussion. I've been away for a week or so sho haven't had post. But I guess that most of the posts are from folks who don't condition their hands for these kind of strikes. In my case, I've been conditioning my fingers for years and am now finally able to strike pretty hard with the finger tips. Also, as discussed, finger tip strikes are not for hitting hard objects. Palms, chops, and other strikes can be used first!!!

I've never heard that. But I've heard that closed handed punches are for "baby" fighters. By this the person who told it to me was stating that a more advanced fighter will use open handed techniques once he or she has mastered them.

Tell that to some Pancrase fighters ;)

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Wher ei go we do fingertip push ups. This all reminds me of an okinawan master named agena but odds are if you look him up you wont get anything but if you read the book the weaponless warrior you will find info on him (jus tto prove i'm not makign this all up). But he trained his fists and fingers extremely hard as well as other things but with his fingers he could doo like amazing things. His friend bet him that he (his friend) could strip eight feet of bark from a tree with a chisel faster than Agena could strip 8 feet of bark from a tree with his hands. So they started and he punched the tree to loosen the bark then pulled it all off with his fingers and he was done befor ehis friend was even half way done. Also anotehr story was a man always asked him to show his "secret skill" so envetually when the man was odl he said ok if you can really call it a secret skill and he walked over the the big wooden partition of the bathhouse and he kidna jsut waved his hands or thats what it looked liek because he was going so fast. THe old man said he didnt understand what he did but then he told him to look and there through the wall was 10 finger holes which agena had just made with his fingers. There is another story that he did but it was too long so i'm not gonna say it, but yeah.

Focus

all these people(kncluding myself)have been saying that it's a bad idea to do finger tip strikes,especially to hard objects,but what about the people that can break boards with fingertip strikes?How do you explain that?

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

all these people(kncluding myself)have been saying that it's a bad idea to do finger tip strikes,especially to hard objects,but what about the people that can break boards with fingertip strikes?How do you explain that?

Well I know that my Sensei is one of those folks who can break boards with his finger tips. He's very big on conditioning and doing it very slowly so you develop strength and ability over time without hurting yourself. It's amazing what he can do with his hands. I'm no where near where he is, but I don't fear using a finger strike if needed. And under the right conditions (in other words if I really had to hurt someone - such as someone or a group attacking me with a weapon), I"d use a finger strike in a second. I agree with his approach (even though sometimes I get banged up trying to push it a little to hard).

Tell that to some Pancrase fighters ;)

Please explain. I'm not sure what you're saying here.

I have seen my senseis' sensei take a big barrel that is liek 3 feet tall and fill it with rice so you cant even liek push yoru hand into it cause it wont go anywhere but then there was this little red ball at the bottom that fit in his hand so what he did was with his fingers he smashed into all the rice and grabbed the ball from the bottom and took it back up. I could like barrel get my hand in. THen he put it back too and did it again.

Focus

In the right circumstances, I'd say a finger strike would be a decent choice, but bar none, if you don't have the conditioning you'd better stick with palms and knuckles.

(Fairfax_Uechi, since I know you Uechi people are all nuts, I'd like to suggest you write an article or start a thread on how you guys condition your strikes, grips, etc. I guess my interest in body conditioning has once again piqued.)