• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fingertip Srikes

Tell that to some Pancrase fighters ;)

Please explain. I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Japanese MMA like sport, closed handed strikes are not allowed, only open hand strikes.

Notable fighters: Ken and Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Sakuraba, etc.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the right circumstances, I'd say a finger strike would be a decent choice, but bar none, if you don't have the conditioning you'd better stick with palms and knuckles.

(Fairfax_Uechi, since I know you Uechi people are all nuts, I'd like to suggest you write an article or start a thread on how you guys condition your strikes, grips, etc. I guess my interest in body conditioning has once again piqued.)

I'd also like some info on hand conditioning. i believe finger strike can be devistating but at the levl you can effectively use them your probably proficient enough to not have to risk it, but its still a worthwile skill especially in grappling

don't make a mistake in using fingers , i don't wanna go to detail since using fingers are realy dangrouse , a simple fight with knuckels may end up with some eggplants under eyes but with the fingers involve it could result in blinding someone.keep your fingers closed unless you have no other choice. fingers only attack the very soft tissues where conditioning doesn't make it stronger, we use them in two ways, first is block hit in a same time. block is closed fist or yang hand and hit is open with all 5 fingers throw directly to the face (Hi tsuru ken kata) second is after blocking and subdoing with a china-na technique you setup the oponent and throw the fingers to the neck area with closed fingers (there are different ways of making fingers together one is put all together like a cone) you throw it like a spear using you body weight like Matsumura Hakutsuru kata or Ru-shu ken kata.

some techniques like spear hand in pinan sandan or godan are not realy practical while passai( not all the versions) shows more realestic finger strikes.

in general i think keeping closed fist is a good way to go.

as far as conditioning i think push up on fingers is the best, there are many routin in white crane for conditioning but push ups cover them all.

lol,you always know what to say warlock.anyways it was mentioned that you could blind someone with fingertip strikes.That's if you do them to the eye.You could also use those strikes to the neck and solar plexus.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu