• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fingertip Srikes

I started doing fingertip stuff just for the fun of it a month or so ago, and I've gotten to where I can do fingertip pushups. I don't know what martial art these would be associated with however, my friend introduced me to it, and he takes Wing Chun and Tang Soo Do. Got any details? it would be nice if I could maybe put this mild obsession to use.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What styles are heavy on fingertip training/usage?

white crane is mostly based on finger hits, if you wanna use them you should learn how to position your wrist, bring your forearm high like a gaurd and drop the wrist the index finger and middle ginger hits together to finish the oponent, you throw them like spears, same hand can hit the groin with last two fingers.

an open hand with all the fingers straight can hit the eye, yang hand block and throw the tumb in a circular motion to the eye,

open fingers while they are like 45 degree outward make a crane block which can became a grab.

push ups on fingers helps a lot try to do at least 20 every day.

white crane kung fu does use alot of finger tip strikes ,but it's hard to find.A lot of traditional arts use fingertip strikes.For example my style of karate uses a lot of finger tip strikes.Others are Taekwon do,wing chun,I think just about any karate style,tang soo do,I'm guessing Hapkido,I'm guessing kuk sool won,and many other traditional arts.The thing with finger tip strikes for me is that they hurt my hand unless I'm striking a soft target ,but you can train them to be strong enough to break wooden boards with if you know how.As for the poeple that can pull them off,all I can say is you better not mess with them because those strikes are targeted towards vital areas.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

That's dissappointing. I live in the Lansing area of Michigan and the nearest White Crane school that I could find was in Bloomfield Hills (near Detroit, 2 hours away).

well your lucky enough to have one that close to begin with,but don't be dissapointed theres a lot of styles that use finger tip strikes.If you could tell us what's in your area then we can see which is the best.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Be careful in what you are doing. Finger tips aren't really well structured for hitting things with and overdoing it may cause you to regret it in a few years...

I did it too for a while, was able to hit pretty solid with my finger tips. Wish I hadn't done that now though... same for toe tips...

Not much practical value to it, more of a novelty technique used to impress people. Get into something for real and the adrenal dump will get you back to fists and basic movements in a hurry, far too big of risk of hitting funny and breaking them.

Professional fighters break there fists in fights all the times, and fists are fairly solid, fingers on the other hand... And I would also imagine they train to hit things with there fists a lot more then you train to hit things with your fingers.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!