• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My 7 year old son (who just got his 2nd deg. blue) rented Jackie Chan "Drunken Master" dvd the other day. (He has gotten on this kick that he wants to try Kung Fu/Shaolin next after he gets his TKD black belt .... plays way too much PS2 Virtual Streetfighter and WuTang Shaolin).... well, anyway after we we switched the language to English (we watched about 10 minutes of it in Cantonese!) we then could understand the movie.... but it was so slapstick and 3 stooges-like! Jackie was pretty cool as a youngin' with long hair and quite the eye for the ladies ... but really a pretty :sleep: of a flick!

The worst martial arts movie that I've seen was Gymkata.......now this was a really bad one. You had Richard Norton as the mean 'ol warlord, chasing an American gymnast, Kurt Thomas I think was his name, trying to pass of his gymnastic skills for martial arts. :kaioken:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

You are clearly in love with the lead and as a result you cannot objectively see how bad an actor he really is. Aside from that, from a martial arts perspective, it offers little, other than the fact that JCVD looks good, and has a fair amount of style technique-wise. In my opinion, its not enough to make it a watchable film. :sleep: :wink:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Van damme is cool,yes i know jet li could kick the crap outa him,yes i know jackie chan does better stunts,yes i know jean claude van damme cant act to save his life,but the dude has heavy kicks and the way he jumps down into the splits is pretty impressive.

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

I just want to say, not to offend you, Van_Damme, but personally, I really don't like Van Damme at all. I think that he is not a very skilled martial artist. If you watch carefully, he really only kicks with his right leg. Hardly ever uses his left. He'll do a round house with his right leg, then spin all the way around to do an outward crescent kick with the same leg instead of just kicking with the left. He's very flexible and I like his splits. And when he kicks with his right leg, it's usually good stuff. Strong, solid side-kicks. But he's not even. He didn't train equally. It's obvious. Unless he had some kind of injury or something that I don't know about. But, my least favorite martial arts movie is pretty much any Van Damme movie.

All types of knowledge . . . ultimately means self-knowledge. -Bruce Lee