• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Description of styles of Karate

orion82698

I'm looking for a description of the different styles of karate.

What I'm looking for, it the primary difference. Which one is more like this martail art, or which one is more sport/traditional. Are there any that are like TKD or TSD that emphasize more kicking?

Thanks!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i dont know to well the differences in many of the style but i found this site to be of much help

http://tkdtutor.com/02Taekwondo/Styles/Karate.htm

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

TKD tutor is actually a very good site i do shotokan and it can either be sport orientated or traditional depending on what dojo you are at we do quite a lot of kicking but nothing like the flying and flashy kicks in tkd (in a fight they arnt going to be practicl but in sparing they are i belive karate is more self defence than sport oriantated

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

no problem my friend

Do not follow me I may not always lead, do not lead I may not follow, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

"A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke or worried to death by a frown on the right person's brow." Charles Brower

well I don't think there are anay kicking based karate,but me personally when I spar,I do a lot of kicks and kick combos like doing a front kick and instatnly going for a round kick while my leg is still in the air.As for sport based american kickboxing was invented from karate because people wanted to do it for sport and full contact.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu