• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hapkido effectiveness

This is not traditional HKD....no high kicks in traditional HKD, we have four kicks, front snap, roundhouse (turning kick in TKD), side and back, all aimed at the lower body and groin.

I ask what is a cresent kick.....but am afraid of the answer!!

Actualy traditional HKD does have high kicks. They were impliminted by many of the students of Choi. Now if one is saying that what Choi taught is the ony traditional HKD, then I wouldhave to say that it is almost lost. Things can be added to a system and it can still be the same traditional style, just developing and evolving. To make it nontraditional would be in changing its core techniques, phylosophies and principals.

D.W. McCullar, 4th Dan I.H.K.A.

Tsalagi Pride!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to disagree, a cresent kick is to slow, it is generally unsucessful against other styles, bt that I mean it has a lower percentage rate of sucess against a non striker as it is easily telegraphed!

I do not believe that each technique has a place in SD. I would like to see a XMA technique that will save your life by doing a double back flip and land in a chinese split! I believe the cresent kick belongs in the realm of tournament, not real life SD!

I have noy intended to offend you, and hope that you dont take offense this is just my opinion, and experience from 18 years of MA!

Actually the crescent can be very fast. I myself have used it as a surprise kick in a few altercations, bith on and off the job.

Tsalagi Pride!!!!

Thats just before a night of drinking and debochery. I am a fast kicker when I train constantly. But I personally find the crescent kicks to be very effective. But they are just 2 of the very few high kicks I would ever use in real life of that I push for self defense. We show and teach all the others for Demos, and at higher levels kicks are mostly executed from a front leg.

Tsalagi Pride!!!!

I am going to say this about kicks......UFC STATISTICS!

Against joe poublic sure against another trained martial artist....no!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

I used a head kick in my last ring fight. In ufc (53, I think?) Loiseau won his fight with a spinning back kick. He followed it with a flying knee. Like I said, There's a time and place for everything. What about when mark coleman got kicked in the face as he was doubling over and got a tooth knocked out? He was about waist height when he was kicked, if I remember right.

well i guess that if u practice a technique enough youre bound to learn when it's a good time to use it.

How dare you use logic and common sense on us!!!

I prefere hearsay and massive speculatine. Keeps one on their toes. :P

Tsalagi Pride!!!!

I used a head kick in my last ring fight. In ufc (53, I think?) Loiseau won his fight with a spinning back kick. He followed it with a flying knee. Like I said, There's a time and place for everything. What about when mark coleman got kicked in the face as he was doubling over and got a tooth knocked out? He was about waist height when he was kicked, if I remember right.

I dint say it didnt work...someone point out where I said it didnt work...I said it had a higher rate of failure......if someone told you, and it was true, you could fly, once out of five attempts..... would you jump off a cliff to see.

My master

https://www.wka.org/Dong%20Yong%20Do.htm

says that you only use high kicks if you want to die. I train with the military!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!