• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hapkido effectiveness

harmoniouswarrior

This is not traditional HKD....no high kicks in traditional HKD, we have four kicks, front snap, roundhouse (turning kick in TKD), side and back, all aimed at the lower body and groin.

I ask what is a cresent kick.....but am afraid of the answer!!

a cresent kick is when u swing your leg in a circular motion from either the inside outside towards the head of your opponent.It looks nice, but it's hard to pull it off without it being noticed.

Yeah, I've found it most useful in the form of a follow up strike, but shortened to a crescent knee after the oppnent has been doubled over by say, a front ball or snap kick. In this case, it is a low kick (no higher than the waist).

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harmoniouswarrior

This is not traditional HKD....no high kicks in traditional HKD, we have four kicks, front snap, roundhouse (turning kick in TKD), side and back, all aimed at the lower body and groin.

I ask what is a cresent kick.....but am afraid of the answer!!

a cresent kick is when u swing your leg in a circular motion from either the inside outside towards the head of your opponent.It looks nice, but it's hard to pull it off without it being noticed.

Yeah and a good way to end up on your butt! :lol: :lol:

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

I will have to disagree, a cresent kick is to slow, it is generally unsucessful against other styles, bt that I mean it has a lower percentage rate of sucess against a non striker as it is easily telegraphed!

I do not believe that each technique has a place in SD. I would like to see a XMA technique that will save your life by doing a double back flip and land in a chinese split! I believe the cresent kick belongs in the realm of tournament, not real life SD!

I have noy intended to offend you, and hope that you dont take offense this is just my opinion, and experience from 18 years of MA!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

a crescent kick is bad , but a crescent knee is good

Really getting hit with a cresent knee doesnt sound good at all!! :brow: :brow:

Seriously it would be a better alternative.......cresent kicks also cannot generate much power because you cant throw the hip into it like a nice roundhouse!

I will have to disagree, a cresent kick is to slow, it is generally unsucessful against other styles, bt that I mean it has a lower percentage rate of sucess against a non striker as it is easily telegraphed!

because YOU can't use it, maybe. I've seen TKD guys land a crescent kick with ease. I've landed them as well. There is a time and place for everything.

I do not believe that each technique has a place in SD. I would like to see a XMA technique that will save your life by doing a double back flip and land in a chinese split! I believe the cresent kick belongs in the realm of tournament, not real life SD!

our capoeira mestre was a bouncer in miami. He has pulled of similar things. Once again, just because you can't do it, that doesn't mean that nobody can.

Now, in general, I agree with you. you have ideal techniques to use and others that are not as ideal. But that is personal preference.

I have noy intended to offend you, and hope that you dont take offense this is just my opinion, and experience from 18 years of MA!