• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warmups!

hehe ok, but who need their abs to show anyways?

those were osme good warmups, now do you have any that we can do in groups? I think variation is apreiciated by the students :)

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okie doke, where to start...

1: abdominal muscles are not made in the kitchen: they are built up through training, wether it be isometric or with weights, then through rest and repair. if you want them to show then it is still only partially true that they are "made" in the kitchen, you can still retain a substantial layer of body fat over your gut and have protruding abs. if you have a BF% of at 12% or lower then your abs will probably show, but through weight pushing heavy weights with my abs i have easily got my "six pack" to show even though i have a BF% much much higher than 12%

2: 100 crunches a day isn't much, its quite easy and won't really help to build up your abs as much as training them with weights, doing reps and sets.

3: now i have some warm ups, students stand next to facing eachother, with their left hand on their partner's left shoulder, then do variations of lifting their legs, stretching them, and tiring them, then they swap sides, left for right :)

blood knuckles

• 4 weeks later...

i dont want to sound rude BUT this thread was NOT about getting a 6-pack! to be honest i dont care about it at all...

Thank you for your warm up bigwhitecancer

I could sure use alot more warm up exercises, doesnt have to be a whole program, just a litte exercise. thank you =)

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

• 7 months later...

12 Point Stretch(variation of the Yoga sun salutation)

100 jumping jacks(punch your abs on the downward motion)

50 pushups, sometimes some Chinzo(Chinese) pushups too

40 crunches

40 leg raises or 60-80 flutter kicks

Wrist stretches(3 different kinds)

Leg, neck, arm & torso stretches

Stick twirls

Do mirror footwork. Make two lines, like you are going to have them spar, but you have them step back with the same leg, so they are in a closed stance. You make one side the "leader." Now, they start bouncing in place, and the when the leader switches his stance, the other copies. If the leader takes a step forward, the follower takes a step back, and they both end up closed again. Get them really moving, and it is a lot of fun. This is great for beginners and advanced students.

For beginner students, have them all face you, say right leg back, and you step right leg back. Now, you be the leader, and they all follow you.

Switch you feet, do double switches, shuffle step forward or back, do a single step forward or back, sidesteps, etc.

You can really get them moving, and it makes the calf muscles feel great!