• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warmups!

Lets help eachother by sharing some diffrent warmups, for both kids and adults.

Ill start of with a game for the kids, You pair up 2 and 2 and line up at one side of the dojo. Now you do frogjumps over eachother to get to the other side, and then do the same thing back. Kids that ive tried this on thinks its fun, and they sure get a little bit more warmed up.

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My warm ups are:

50 jump&jacks

50 knee ups

pushups till failure

stretching all over (mainly legs) for about 25 minutes.

25 front and side leg swings for each leg.

Then I'll begin training workout. Afterwards, I will stretch some more, do 100 crunches (slowly with correct breathing) Work my lower back, and do squats with minimal weights until failure.

Needless to say, after this, I'm tired.

Water is a keey part of keeping myself going through the warm up/workout. Also, eating about 90 minutes before hand give energy.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

100 crunches huh? is that good to get your abs bigger?

as for my workout, just stething, moslty the back (i like to be very careful with my back) and in jiu jistu we run a littl,e do jumping jacks, but mostly stretches.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

orion - that sounds like a pretty intense warmup routine! one thing though, shouldn't one do the dynamic stretching before the static stretching, this is what i've read anyway - bc the dynamic stretch resets the stretch reflex

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

i loosen my self up with some jogging on the spot and some star jumps. then i run 2 the end of the hall do an exercise then run back and repeat. the exercises i do are pressups, starjumps, alternerts, situps and burpees. start with one and once you have done that do it again but with 2 reps do that until you get to 10reps of each exercise. i also do a few rounds of shaddow boxing with 10 burpees or some times 10 pressups 10 situps and 10 star jumps inbetween but adding 10 on each time, ( 10, 20, 30, 40) and if there is a bag i usually wotrk that for a few rounds too. then i have a long stretch and do my upper body in the horse stance. oh also i like to do the ultimate burpee (search in the kickboxing section for discription) and insted of bringing my hands back to my legs i kick forward and go across the hall and back.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

orion - that sounds like a pretty intense warmup routine! one thing though, shouldn't one do the dynamic stretching before the static stretching, this is what i've read anyway - bc the dynamic stretch resets the stretch reflex

My bad. Yeah, I do that too, but I don't consider that a warm-up.... I guess a pre warm-up :P .. I do neck circles, shoulder swings, inside chest swings, hip swings, hip circles, back streches, and what I like to call "Touch heaven then hell" cause it hurts getting down there ;)

Then, I'll do my streches

as for my workout, just stething, moslty the back (i like to be very careful with my back) and in jiu jistu we run a littl,e do jumping jacks, but mostly stretches.

Your power for kicks is going to come from a strong abdominal region and lower back. Yes, doing 100 crunches a day goes seem like a lot, but I started off going 30, every 3 days, then worked my way to 100 every 5 days. I take two days off to rest, because abs are just like every other muscle, they need rest to grow. They will tighten up, but will only get really big if you eat enough food (the right food) or if you just shoot up on the juice. I do 5 sets of crunches.... 20 reps slowly, breathing out at the top, and in on the way down. You will really feel this when you start getting to your 3rd set. Then I do about 30-40 leg lifts. This is good because crunches don't always hit your lower abs.

Remember!!!!! ABS are made in the kitchen, not the gym. If you don't eat a clean healthy diet, you'll never see them :brow:

Your power for kicks is going to come from a strong abdominal region and lower back. Yes, doing 100 crunches a day goes seem like a lot, but I started off going 30, every 3 days, then worked my way to 100 every 5 days. I take two days off to rest, because abs are just like every other muscle, they need rest to grow. They will tighten up, but will only get really big if you eat enough food (the right food) or if you just shoot up on the juice. I do 5 sets of crunches.... 20 reps slowly, breathing out at the top, and in on the way down. You will really feel this when you start getting to your 3rd set. Then I do about 30-40 leg lifts. This is good because crunches don't always hit your lower abs.

Remember!!!!! ABS are made in the kitchen, not the gym. If you don't eat a clean healthy diet, you'll never see them :brow:

yeah, thats the worst part about them,lol. i shtere a food i cane at that i can get my abs to show, and also get bigger with protein shakes?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.