• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Marial Arts Cities?

Which part of the country do you train on?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which part of the country do you train on?

• West Coast-California, Washington...
    • Mid West-Minnesota, Nebraska...
    • South West-Texas, Louisiana...
    • North East-Pennsylvania...
    • South East-Georgia, S. Carolina
    • East Coast- New York, Massachusetts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A majority of my training has been on the West Coast but I now have re-located to the East Coast. My observation is that martial arts are less popular back East and that there are less schools/styles to choose from.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I had Hawaii in mind as well but most people associate the state with vacationing activities, surfing, rock climbing etc. I would have never guessed that there is so much going on there as far as martial arts go, but if I had to pick one place to train anything it would definitely be Hawaii. Who could ask for a better backdrop? 8)

<-----------the art of people folding!

so pinapple being that hawaii has many cultures,does it have any latin americans besides brazilians?For example mexicans,puerto ricans,salvadoreans,etc.Also how big would you say is the latin american population in the state of hawaii?just curious

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

so pinapple being that hawaii has many cultures,does it have any latin americans besides brazilians?For example mexicans,puerto ricans,salvadoreans,etc.Also how big would you say is the latin american population in the state of hawaii?just curious

Of course all races live here, however on a percentage basis, the latin americans are small in number.

What works works

You missed the rocky mountains or intermountain area, ID, UT, CO, WY, MT. :o There are several schools in these areas, though nowhere near the numbers in CA or HA

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

In the Washignton D. C. area there are tons and tons and tons of McDojos. And then there are many good dojos. So Martial arts are very popular here.

In Uechi-Ryu Mass. is the most popular area due to the influence of George Mattson who was the first American to bring Uechi-Ryu to the US. Michigan has a lot of Uechi folks due to James Thompson. Florida, California, and a few other states also have many Uechi folks. The DC area has several "flavors" of Uechi, and Richmond and the areas around UVa have many Uechi folks.

I live in South Carolina but i teach in North Carolina, and i will honestly say that there are about 10 karate schools in about a 100 mile radious. so if you lived here you would agree, that is a pritty low number....