Cannot leave dojo?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes, no one twisted my arms. It was my fault for not reseaching this. I didn't know I was getting into something that if down the road if I didn't like, or couldn't do anymore... I wouldn't have a way out.

-Personally, this is a joke. Why keep someone somewhere when they're not happy. MA is about teaching. If a student no longer wants to learn, or cannot learn... why do you want to keep them?

2. I have read the contract over and over again. It only states Moving, and Medical reasons for leaving. I have shown this contract to a family member who is a lawyer. She told me it's binding, and is going to be hard to break.

- I have found a loop hole in this, and a way out. I'm choosing not to discuss it until this is over.

3. I did like this school when I first started. I felt they had a lot to offer. However, it was after signing up I realized some of the practices in this place, and how things were done that left me with a very sour taste in my mouth.

- This has been a true learning experiance, and one that I cannot wait for to be over. I wasn't smart when looking into this, and didn't use my best judgement. Since this has happened, I have been to 4 other MA schools in my area, and have discusses with every instructor in details what I expect, and what their expectations are. You have to fall to learn, I feel that this has truely helped me not only in my MA training, but in life itself. I know I will get outta this, It's just going to be a little longer.

Thank you all for support and advice. I will discuss this in full with detail once this is over.

-O

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 4 weeks later...

From My Lawyer Sister: "It really depends on the terms of the contract. There probably is a clause if you want to break it early. But it is a contract, you knew what you were getting into. Get the contract and go over the terms with a fine toothed comb and figure out how to get out of it." So I guess, a contract is a contract is a contract. The whole "I didn't really read the thing" is a technical argument and isn't steadfast in court. I guess you could try for a compromise, or fake an injury. Act like you screwed up an elbow or knee and get a doctors note.

But dude, 300 a month? And for three years? No offense, but it sounds like a McDojo trying to put you in the poor house. That's 3600 a year! Training should be on a gold leaf floor if it's that pricey. You have to agree that it wasn't a good idea to sign the contract.

"Don't tell me what I can't do."