• 6 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I miss a full roundhouse I tend to turn the momentum into a backfist or elbow.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I go either, 360 or 180, depends on the situation. I am comfortable working righty or southpaw so the position doesn't bother me. I'm happy to throw a spinning elbow if the followup is right, or catch them coming in with a sidekick to the belly. You need to be quick on your feet to pull it off, though, and have good awareness of your opponent.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 weeks later...

I generally find that it is easier for me to go the full 360, since the force of the kick carriers me about 270 anyway. I think the best advice anyone can give is do whatever feels natural.

• 2 months later...

The spin is usually rhe safest option. Make sure when you get back around to leg check and have your hands up. Whenever someone spins on me I try to have a right cross waiting on them when they get back around..

Gravity is the root of lightness; stillness is the ruler of movement. Lao Tzu

• 2 weeks later...
I dunno... the back kick option may be the safest, as it allows you to have an attack ready for the incoming attacker instead of a passive block.
If your opponent is smart, he closed the gap on your way around, back kick will only get you of balance and open for a right cross..

that's why I don't spin when I kick any more. put the leg straight down - you see him closing the gap and he impales himself on the kick - the back kick comes off of the leg that did the roundhouse, not off of the supporting leg - there is no spin.

that's why I don't spin when I kick any more. put the leg straight down - you see him closing the gap and he impales himself on the kick - the back kick comes off of the leg that did the roundhouse, not off of the supporting leg - there is no spin.
You kill your power without the spin. Are you a fighter???