• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

After you miss a MT round house kick?

I don't think that spinning is ever really safe. You may not want to turn you back to your opponent. But, if you can make it quick, and get really go at it, you could try it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol im sure i can get around fast enough its really the accuracy and speed of the kick part. but im really training my spin moves so hopefully i will be able to use them in a full contact fight.

iluvmartialartskajukenbousansoomooyeadokarate

haha, spinning back fists are kind of a "secret technique" of mine because they're not really taught in muay thai/kyokushin and other stand up styles that I do. I have, however, had great success with them and prefer to do a spinning double backfist and follow it up with a few punches. If you do this quick enough I can almost guarantee you'll land at least a few of the punches.

You do a "double" spinning backfist by crossing your leg over and spinning the other direction that you did your first spinning backfist with and delivering a backfist with that other hand. It's actually very easy to do and sounds more complicated than it is. After you deliver the second one follow up with a rear uppercut than a left/right cross(depending on you being a southpaw/orthadox). You can expand upon this combination but it has worked wonders for me. Some people have some difficulty landing the spinning backfist and don't have the distance/timing down right and will end up hitting the person with their wrist/elbow(with their arm locked out it doesn't feel good to elbow someone this way).

prefer to do a spinning double backfist and follow it up with a few punches. If you do this quick enough I can almost guarantee you'll land at least a few of the punches.

You do a "double" spinning backfist by crossing your leg over and spinning the other direction that you did your first spinning backfist with and delivering a backfist with that other hand.

I'd like to check this one out, Kansas City; it's something unexpected, and though it's called "double," it's not just spinning around twice the same way.

When I do a spinning backfist, I tend to do a 360. (I don't do many of them because it's a dizzying experience for me.) Is it that, when you complete your first spinning backfist, you don't go completely around, but land the foot spinning with the backfist in front of you, a 180 for that foot and so your stance? (That sounds like it's less likely to cause dizziness, too.) If that's so, then you're in the opposite stance from before, and can perform the attack by spinning in the opposite direction from before.

I hope I'm on the mark because it sounds clever. :up:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

prefer to do a spinning double backfist and follow it up with a few punches. If you do this quick enough I can almost guarantee you'll land at least a few of the punches.

You do a "double" spinning backfist by crossing your leg over and spinning the other direction that you did your first spinning backfist with and delivering a backfist with that other hand.

I'd like to check this one out, Kansas City; it's something unexpected, and though it's called "double," it's not just spinning around twice the same way.

When I do a spinning backfist, I tend to do a 360. (I don't do many of them because it's a dizzying experience for me.) Is it that, when you complete your first spinning backfist, you don't go completely around, but land the foot spinning with the backfist in front of you, a 180 for that foot and so your stance? (That sounds like it's less likely to cause dizziness, too.) If that's so, then you're in the opposite stance from before, and can perform the attack by spinning in the opposite direction from before.

I hope I'm on the mark because it sounds clever. :up:

Yeah, it's not like doing a 720 or anything like that...you're only going about 180 on the second one, if that, even.

It's a nice surprise combination to have in your arsenal, at least for me, it is.

• 2 months later...