• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Animal styles

Leopard claw

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have studied tiger and mantis.

I like to mix them in with the multitude of other styles that I have studied over the years and create my own unorthodox amalgam fighting style. This keeps everything open to your own imagination and keeps your opponent off guard.

I really like the grip strength based attacks of mantis and many of the open hand slashes of tiger.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

We prctice leopard, tiger, dragon, snake and crane.

Love leopard and tiger. Leopard is very fast, cunning with rapid in and out attacks. While the tiger is brute force, head on to destroy all that stands in it's way. Both are very violent, they show no mercy.

Though there is much to lean from them all.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

i practice white crane but we can't use it in dojo sparing, i like it because it's quick and violent. katas are soft and i can practice them all the time.

It certainly quite difficult to use much of White Crane's offensive techniques without hurting the other guy, isn't it?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

In Shotokan alot of animal style technques can be found in the chinese origin katas. i.e gankaku (crane), Jitte, Chinte, Jinn have elements of tiger style I think. Even Empi and Unsu have White crane elements.

i practice white crane but we can't use it in dojo sparing, i like it because it's quick and violent. katas are soft and i can practice them all the time.

It certainly quite difficult to use much of White Crane's offensive techniques without hurting the other guy, isn't it?

that's right , in dojo we use the blocks then skip the key part then we go to final hit or lock, my sensei has to use gloves in sparring otherwise he uses the fingers

the streangh of white crane comes in thoughness of tendons, some katas like tsuru sanchin or shorinji sanchin are just about tendons thoughness.

i saw this tendon thoughness in Dennis Rogers ,he was kind enough to stop by at our dojo for demostration , he told us when the muscles fail , tendons still work, all the practices he mentioned were some how related to tendons too.

http://www.dennisrogers.net/indexStatic.php