• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which form should I do???

Well, yea. But like Heidi said, if it's an open tourny we can do whatever form that we want.

Heidi, I think I know who you are refering to ;) Anyways, it is a Heian that I want to do. Heian Ni Dan (The TSD version, anyways). Any pointers?

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so in open tournaments can you spar with more than one style(example karate mixed with muay thai or anything like that)?

It depends on how "open" the tournament is. Generally even open tournaments will supply you with the scoring rules and the guidelines.

As far as form, you should be able to do whatever form you feel most comfortable with that would be rank appropriate. If you don't feel right about it, ask your instructor. I have a feeling he would probably tell you the same thing... :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

judges can only tell if you aren't crips in your movements or if they know your forms. Since my school at the time was a small shaolin Kempo school. Most didn't know are forms becuase they were diffrent systems. So I didn't worry about if the judges new my form or not. Its keep going stay crisp and sharp in your movements and not loose composure is the key.

Heian Nidan may be a bit basic for your belt level but.....if you execute it with the speed and power a red belt should possess you will do well. Remember to visualize the intent of the form and be true to it. :wink:

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Thanks Heidi :) Yea, I know it's a 6th gup form, but it's still my fav form out of all the forms I know. It took me the longest to learn, besides our bo form (at Kueks). Heian Nidan holds a special place in my heart for several reasons :)

Laurie F

Hiya, Jay. Thanks. But I never learned those two when I was in TSD. I got to Pyung ahn sam dan (Heian). Then I moved. But I could have Taegeuk 8 as another choice (for the jumps). But it is above my rank, so I don't know if that's allowed either :( Eventhough I saw a fellow student (with same rank) get away with doing 8 at a tourny, but he didn't place (he's not a forms geek like me).

Laurie F