• advertisement_alt

Effective Against Multiple Attackers?

Is this effective/logical?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is this effective/logical?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Here's another idea..If I could identify a leader, I would lock on to him, and just go straight to punching him and following up, like a blast I guess.

If you can take the leader out, you may be able to diffuse the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you being attacked? school fight, being mugged, or something else

-could not talk your way out of it?

-could not walk into a store and ask the clerk to call police?

how many attackers? 2,3,5,...10

Once the fight starts, I would move around to try and line them up single file while fighting. Multiple people can't hit you at the same time if they are lined up.

do not let them circle you.

Strike hard and fast. aim for vital areas: eyes, throat, knees.... Causing the first 2 attackers to drop to their knees will probably make the others think twice about attacking you.

Be aware of your surroundings:

dont back yourself intoa corner, always know an exit point to run if you are getting beat bad.

can you put an object between yourself and your attackers (a fence, a car)?

Is there a weapon on the ground you can use?

Remember, all fights have consequences. How are you going to explain your techniques to a judge if your techniques cause severe damage\death.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, I'm not usre where I got this. I somehow remember a tactic against multiple attackers. I first run away as the many attackers chase me. Since not everyone (usually) has the same speed, the fastest one would, of course, reach me. By doing this I can attack one person at a time -- the fastest one.

After attacking that person, I continue to run and fight them one by one.

One drawback I can think of is that I should have alot of stamina.

What do you guys think?

I saw that tactic in an anime...

In real life, I wouldn't try it.

First off what White Warlock said about assuming you'll receive mercy is the truth. If your facing multiple attackers your now facing a mob mentality which is much deadlier than an individual.

Now for tactics...first lets look at doctrine:

My doctrine is: Break the midline

Close and envelope

Fight through the enemy

So applying that doctrine through tactics I'm going to first use lateral movements in attempt to get the BG's in a line, then I'm going to violently and quickly disable the first attacker in such a way as to clear him out of my path so that I can either escape or violently and quickly attack the next attacker and continue this untill I am either unable to fight further or have escaped.

Now that we've established Doctrine and Tactics, look at my repeitoire of techniques. Techniques are determined by the situation, how many BG's are there, are they armed, what am I armed with, whats the terrain, how much room do I have, are their innocent bystanders, am I alone or am I protecting someone, what are my avenues of escape. Am I going to use sweeps, wristlocks/takedowns, head twist take down, knee and elbow strikes driven of the back leg, am I going to start shooting, am I going use a knife, have I dialed 911 on my cell phone, whats the police response time in my neighborhood if I have? These are the things you need to be thinking about not faking seizures and how far ahead can you run. If you can run don't stop. Hope this helps, Good luck.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell