• Maybe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then if you dont think that would work, and if you know you can't beat them, fake a seizure. It works I just saw it on my local news station. A guy was being chased and he started faking a seizure and rolling around on the ground. I've never been attacked by more than one person so this is from a third-person point of view.

Where do you come up with this stuff??? Your profile says you're learning not one, but 4 different martial arts...aren't any of them teaching you anything about fighting multiple opponents? If not, go find a good Shorin Ryu school. The tactics you are suggesting with acting silly and faking seizures will just get your butt kicked.

I actually believe that could work, if you knew how to fake a seizure, and did it well... if you just looked like some jerk thrashing himself around on the ground, they would just beat your *. It that would be your angle, then you would need to study acting and theater, not martial arts. No offense to anyone with epilepsy out there.

If their intent is to cause you severe bodily harm, your having a seizure isn't going to sway them one bit. It would give them plenty of opportunities to kick you while you're on the ground, thus increasing the likelihood of you receiving serious permanent injury... or death.

The mistake here is in assuming your opponent would show mercy. If such is your hope, beg. If it is not, do not fool yourself into believing they would have the same moral convictions you may hold to. If they're willing to cause you severe bodily harm, or worse... then they are likely not holding to same or similar convictions as you. Therefore, you should not use yourself as a reference base.

As to the running, no... it would create more than one problem. As indicated, you would be tired, as would your opponents. You would be 'more' tired, because you would also be battling intermittantly. As well, and remember this very important point, in order to run... you have to turn your back to your opponent. In order to attack someone chasing you, you have to stop and turn around.

You are automatically at a significant disadvantage when you are facing away from your opponent. Even moreso if they have momentum and you must halt your momentum to react to them.

Your goal seems to be that of dealing with one opponent at a time, but as already noted, you are ASSUMING the opponents run at vastly different speeds, and this is not likely. Those that hang together... likely will run at comparable speeds. And even if they do not, the differences in speeds are not going to be sufficient for you to handle them one at a time.

If you run, then continue to run. Your goal, at the point you decide to run, should be to escape. There is no point in turning around and fighting, unless it is obvious you will not escape. If such is the case, then you must deal with it.

There is ONE thing i think may be viable for this whole attack running thing. If one assailant is faster than you, but all the rest are not, then injure his leg once you've determined he IS faster.

Unfortunately this ONE thing has a fundamental flaw. If he IS faster than you, then you would not have gotten very far before the assault commenced... and likely he would have nabbed you from the back and thrown you to the ground.

As Shorinryu Sensei mentioned, there are viable ways to handle multiple assailants. It is best to study those viable ways, rather than 'hope for the best' and 'hope for mercy.' Always, you must edge your bets for your survival, one thing of which means not underestimating the lethality of your opponents.

A new thread could be started discussing some tactics for handling multiple assailants. I just don't think this one should be it. :roll:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• 2 weeks later...

OH COME ON! if it's 3 people chasing after you and you run and stop I don't think you'll still have the stamina to go 1v1 1v1 1v1 3 times!

Well say if it does turn out the way you wanted; them lining up better shot on 1v1, it'll just gain different difficulties, such as what if you don't take out the 1st guy fast enough and the 2nd guy comes up and fight you while the 3 guy recovers from running and then they all end up on you. Back to square one with sore legs :bawling:

it'll work only if they're out of shape people, or they ate McDonalds for all 3 meals for the past 2 weeks. SUPER! :karate:

• 2 weeks later...

I would only run untill I found suitable ground, or untill I got to a crowded area or saw a cop if it was possible!

By suitable ground I mean A place with room or a place with my back to a wall and all my opponents in front of me!

Running and fighting and running and fighting is not a good idea!!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

Running for a better position to fight from would be a good idea, such as a hallway, stairwell or between two cars, but just running to try to outrun an opponent, not unless you're a marathon runner. Myself, no, I wouldn't run...walk away if possible, but not run.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

In my life, i have run from only one violent encounter. Unfortunately, the dog bit me in the butt. :brow:

Poor dog. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"