• advertisement_alt

Effective Against Multiple Attackers?

Is this effective/logical?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is this effective/logical?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

If you find yourself backed in a corner and you honestly feel like you can't fight your way out of it, I suggest making a weird face and start yelling things like, "YIPPY WOO-PAH YEEHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!KUMINYEAHHA!!!! So basicly act crazy and start jumping everywhere. Start slapping your self and jump off the walls. It would scare me.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you find yourself backed in a corner and you honestly feel like you can't fight your way out of it, I suggest making a weird face and start yelling things like, "YIPPY WOO-PAH YEEHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!KUMINYEAHHA!!!! So basicly act crazy and start jumping everywhere. Start slapping your self and jump off the walls. It would scare me.

Then you must scare easily. I wouldn't recommend it.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Then if you dont think that would work, and if you know you can't beat them, fake a seizure. It works I just saw it on my local news station. A guy was being chased and he started faking a seizure and rolling around on the ground. I've never been attacked by more than one person so this is from a third-person point of view.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Then if you dont think that would work, and if you know you can't beat them, fake a seizure. It works I just saw it on my local news station. A guy was being chased and he started faking a seizure and rolling around on the ground. I've never been attacked by more than one person so this is from a third-person point of view.

Where do you come up with this stuff??? Your profile says you're learning not one, but 4 different martial arts...aren't any of them teaching you anything about fighting multiple opponents? If not, go find a good Shorin Ryu school. The tactics you are suggesting with acting silly and faking seizures will just get your butt kicked.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

First of all, I said, "if you know you can't beat them." This isn't what I would do, of course not, but if you can't fight then what to do? Also, I took 3 of those martial arts back when I was 12. I practice Iga Ryu Ninjitsu as of now. I guess I shouldn't include the others. Anyway, if you can fight multiple attackers, then go for it. If you can't, what are you gonna do? Fight? No. You would die. Run? Yes. But, if you find yourself back into a corner, what are you going to do? Curl up into a ball and pray? If you want you could. Or you could try some phsycological warfare and try to fend off the attackers by taking away there will to fight . But hey, if you can come up with something better for someone to do, who can't fight and is backed into a corner, then I'm all ears.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

If you can't, what are you gonna do? Fight? No. You would die.

Is laying down on the floor whimpering like a baby better than at least standing up for yourself and trying to defend yourself? How do you know you won't win, or at least survive, if you don't at least try? How do you know you will die? Sure, you might take a beating, but broken bones heal, as do bruises. Better to at least try to defend yourself than to just lay there and get the snot beat our of you. I know I wouldn't be able to show my face in class, or anywhere else for that matter, if I did that. Times change I guess. This is such a kinder, gentler society than I grew up in I guess.

Run? Yes.

Run where? As I, and others have said, you'd better be an accomplished runner if you think they won't eventually catch you. And maybe you get away from them this time...you think they won't be looking for you another time? It would be a matter of time before they would catch you somewhere. I guess you could leave town and move elsewhere. I know I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder.

Or you could try some phsycological warfare and try to fend off the attackers by taking away there will to fight.

Please tell me, just how would you do that? I haven't learrned that one yet.

But hey, if you can come up with something better for someone to do, who can't fight and is backed into a corner, then I'm all ears.

As I mentioned in my first post, there are a number of methods to fight multiple opponents. Perhaps one day your instructor will teach you some. Do some searching of threads on thsi forum. I know this subject has been covered pretty throughly at least once, if not more times.