• advertisement_alt

Effective Against Multiple Attackers?

Is this effective/logical?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is this effective/logical?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hi guys, I'm not usre where I got this. I somehow remember a tactic against multiple attackers. I first run away as the many attackers chase me. Since not everyone (usually) has the same speed, the fastest one would, of course, reach me. By doing this I can attack one person at a time -- the fastest one.

After attacking that person, I continue to run and fight them one by one.

One drawback I can think of is that I should have alot of stamina.

What do you guys think?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're an Olympic marathon runner, I wouldn't advise this tactic. Yes, stamina would be a very important factor, but what you need to keep in mind is that not only would your opponent be winded from the chase, but you would also, and while he's fighting you, the others are catching up real fast.

There are many ways fo fighting more than one person, and if you do it correctly, you actually do fight one at a time and not all at once.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

your goinna get really tired quickly and the more tired you get the harder it will be to defend yourself slowing you down and allowing others to catch up bad idea in my opinion best to just run away

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Yeah and it might take some time to take one down so the plan, although well thought up, is probally not the best one.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I wouldn't stay and fight. Not good odds. I can run for a long period of time without tiring, I'm on the cross country team and I jump hurdles. SO i advise running. Just make sure you're faster then the attackers.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

What if you came to a dead end ?? what will you do ?? streets are not like a soccer field where the terrain is plain and no obstacles in the way , beside , you will get tired from running away , and when you get tired you won't be able to defend or strike .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I've seen people try this once or twice during advanced testing in our organization, although I don't believe it's planned . They usually just would run and occasionally turn to fight the closest person then be overrun by the other person(s). Granted this is in a gym type setting so you can't run long distances to get away but it just doesn't seem to work.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

I think you heard that tactic on "Rurouni Kenshin", but if you are a crazy runner, it could work.

That was my first thought.

At any rate, I will echo the thoughts of many. There is no point in running away, fighting off one opponent, running away again...etc. If you are fast enough to do that, then you are fast enough to just get away.

And the whole Rurouni Kenshin thing...that was talking about literally killing people quickly with a sword as you did it...most likely not the situation you are thinking of. Much respect to Watsuki Nobuhiro's work, but it isn't a good idea to pull tactics out of manga and into real life. Unless of course you can yell out the name of an attack really fast. Then you just get cool points (or clobbered).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Also the difference in speed between your attackers would be minimal, therefore they'd be like a few meters behind each other. You'd stop to fight and have literally a matter of seconds to take down your opponent before the other/s arrive, and even then you'd have to get back up to speed while there at full pelt. You'd need the speed and the accelaration of sprinter and the stammina of a marathon runner and alot of luck on your side and even then there are 100 different reasons why it wouldnt work. Not only that, but you'd need to be a damn good martial artist to take them down in a split second each. VERY BAD IDEA.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee