• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see here, one of my friends comrades was clearing out a building. he threw a grendade and they forced entry, a man came behind him and tried to stab him, the blade didn't make it thru his flack jacket, he truned around a snapped the man's neck instantly. he had 23 confirmed kills in Iraq and 3 with his bare hands. he is one of the youngest gunnery sergeants today simply because of his performance.

any questions?

As a Vietnam Vet I got to know maybe a dozen guys really well--combat vets. I can't recall one ever throwing around numbers of 'confirmed kills', as if killing human beings was a game with a scorebaord. If they talked about it at all, it was in hushed tones, and they never looked anyone in the eye while speaking. Taking life has its own price. As martial artists I believe we have a responsibility to honor the sanctity of life, not be preoccupied with methods of ending it.

BTW, a couple of the most ferocious jungle fighters I knew--19 year-olds going on 500-- never made the re-entry into civilian life. For a long time now I've believed many are dead or living among the homeless.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but this one strikes close to home.

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca