• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

strangulation/neck breaks?

alright well i took my krav maga class...pretty darn good for level one...and i've been reading/studying that miltary combatives form...pretty good. lol btw to whoever said to save money to by more armor, lol sorry i didn't take your advice. im looking to go more into this stuff.

anyone have any articles stuff about strangling someone or breaking their neck? i have to go to work soon, and i haven;t found much in the past 20 minutes..but not nessecarily ARTICLES, but more like methods or a site that explains how to. and i'd like to see more than 1 method.

so can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no going to be a lot of stuff on that and at your rank its dangerous to tell you that, not that you couldnt use the information responsibly, its just that its not something you really need to learn right now

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Plenty of grapplers know various chokes, but they don't want to practice them until they can also teach how to rescusitate someone from them if anything goes wrong. As far as neck breaks, I dont know that i've ever seen one i'd expect to be effective. I carry things over a hundred pounds on my head and tilt/turn my head in a relatively easygoing fashion while doing so. Peoples' necks are pretty darned sturdy. In any case, why would you need to do a neck break? I really can't think of any situations offhand where that would be the best course of action.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

lets see here, one of my friends comrades was clearing out a building. he threw a grendade and they forced entry, a man came behind him and tried to stab him, the blade didn't make it thru his flack jacket, he truned around a snapped the man's neck instantly. he had 23 confirmed kills in Iraq and 3 with his bare hands. he is one of the youngest gunnery sergeants today simply because of his performance.

any questions?

All people should know strangulation! It is THE most humane way to end a fight.

Here's some good starting points:

http://www.wanderworks.com/chilichokers/combatives_toc.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-25-150/

Please be responsible. This stuff is not for messing around.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Oh yeah, I agree that chokes are great, but I can't teach them in text, doon't do enough anyways to be considered an expert, and I wouldn't want to unless I knew that people reading knew the first aid to treat the things that can go wrong from a choke, as there are several ways that people can die from an otherwise correct choke if unrecognized and untreated.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Chokes and breaks are only hard if you make them hard. Yes some may take proper technique but some of the basic are well, basic. If you wish to incapacitate a good frontal grab, squeeze and pull will generally be effective. I prefer strikes to the neck when the option is there. Breaks, well if done correct and fast I dont care how strong someone is, bones will disengage and so will muscles. Tendon tears are effective as well.

I will agree with some of the above find someone who is experianced to show you what to and not to do. Whip or torque someones head wrong and you may have a straw sucking friend for life.

Survivor