• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What if someone dishonored your sensei ??

We had a training session today , and before the class started , a green belt came to me and told me that he visited another dojo and met a co-intructor who was in charge of the class cause the original sensei wasn't there , any way , after introducing himself and all , that sempai at the other dojo told the guy from our school that he once fought my sensei in a tournament and that he won over him .

First let me tell you that this guy is 23 years old - 2 years older than me -I have NEVER seen him participating in any kind of tournaments , he is bad as an instructor - I have visited the school were he train once - his students are worse than him , and my sensei has stopped sparring since 1997 , probably at the time he was still a white belt . That statment made me real mad to say the last of it , I hate it when someone badmouth sensei so I sent him a message that dares him to fight me anytime , anywhere .

Do you think that i have done the right thing ??

You over reacted. Ask him to explain why he said what he did and, if you can, make him apologise for his comment

"...to stand between the candle and the shining moon..."

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he would, I've been taught that Martial Arts is about honour. It seems this boy did not disrespect the Sensei, he probably wanted to seem better than he truly is.

But if anyone dishonoured my Sensei, I would tell him so.

He is Sensei, not because he has others fighting battles for him.

I bet he/she would just laugh at the remark, or tell you to ignore it.

Vae Victus