• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What if someone dishonored your sensei ??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhmm. Someone sayed somthing offensively about my sensei; I would stick up for him but I wouldn't challenge him to a fight for one reason, I dont like to start fight over someone talking bad about someone else because usually the person that say stuff like that have low self esteem and the only way he can feel good about himself is to bad mouth someone else. So what I problary do is defend my sensei and walk away and laugh at him.

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

That bad instructor is probably jealous of your sensei and by badmuthing him when he really is not very good himself, he made himself look like a fool

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

If Miyamoto Musashi had a sensei, and someone badmouthed him, Musashi would challenge the guy to a fight. It would be a real fight too, most likely ending with the death of Musashi's opponent. These sort of things were simpler back in the day, but really, can you even imagine yourself in that situation?

I think the best way to handle it in modern society is to not respond at all, and don't worry it. The guy badmouthing your sensei is not actually taking away from your sensei's honour. It doesn't work like that any more.

Well there's my two cents. How did the situation work out y2_sub? :)

Kata is like a good stir-fry: preparation and timing are everything.

Wow, alot of responses to this post. I think that if someone bad mouthed my instructor, I would probably laugh at them. I know how good my instructor is and would never challenge another to defend him. He is a humble person and tries to teach all his students to also be humble. Once, I went to a tournament without my instructor. I ran into a few high ranking black belts that once trained with him. They told me that he was an awesome fighter and would have wiped the place up like he once used to do. They asked me why he wasn't there competing. I said "He doesn't compete anymore, maybe he just doesn't feel the need to prove anything." But, I secretly thought it was awesome to have others recognize his talents and share their thoughts with me.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

The best responses to ridiculous and provocative words are silence and non-answer answers like, "Hmm," "Oh," and "That's interesting."

If you feel like "them's fighting words," it's time to take an honest look at how much you are ruled by your ego. We should be masters of our egos, not our egos masters of us.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

I've not read the 8 pages so my response has probably already been said.

If I got second hand information about what someone said or implied about my instructor, I would not go around making challenges in anger.

You need to learn from this, but it will be hard for you, harder than any of your training in fact.

As far as Musashi, he had no master nor needed anyone to fight for him. Furthermore, if he knew what he knew when he was old as a young man, he never would have fought all of those death matches.

The simple truth he learned through a lifetime of experiences was very tedious.

Just do the right think. Always. Not that easy for someone with an ego like the one I have. But when I'm thinking straight, I have to remember that sometimes the way I react to what other people say or do is often worse then the other persons actions or words.

Is there a such thing as justified anger. Anger, jealousy, envy, and greed all lead down a one way street to a bitter end. Let the other guy meet that end alone. Don't go there with him.

If your instructor is as good as you say he is, he knows this also and would advise you to let it go.