• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What if someone dishonored your sensei ??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if this person was my rank, happened to be at the same tourny, and if they were in my devision, that's another story. I wouldn't "challage" them to a fight, but if it happened like that, I would definitely defend my teachers. I'd definitely be in it for the "kill" per-say hehehehehe. I'd turn into a "head hunter" LOL

lol .... I wasn't going to participate in the tourny at the first place , I was there as a refree but when I saw him wearing his GI and ready to compete , I asked the promoter for a special match with the guy and he agreed

Wow! Well, it "just happened" for you, then :) Nice job on the KO though.

Laurie F

Wow! Well, it "just happened" for you, then :) Nice job on the KO though.

Thx .. will , yeah it just happned :)

But now I feel sorry for him I was just informed that he never showed up in his dojo ever since

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• 1 month later...

There is an American reaction to the situation and an oriental reaction to the situation. There is more to martial arts than winning a fight. Martial arts is not the ultimate form of fighting it is just another way. Walking away always does wonders.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

didnt' read the entire thread..but the title makes me instantly think of those old bruce lee flicks.

anyways...people in general will run their mouths to get a reaction...like this ;)

Learning how to not let it affect you helps a great deal. Have faith in your sensei...and if ever for whatever reason you can't bring yourself to do that *ie, this is not implying that you don't*...then mabye find a new sensei that you can have faith in.

Once you have faith...anyone can say that they beat him up once...because at this moment, legitimate or not, it won't matter.

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

We had a training session today , and before the class started , a green belt came to me and told me that he visited another dojo and met a co-intructor who was in charge of the class cause the original sensei wasn't there , any way , after introducing himself and all , that sempai at the other dojo told the guy from our school that he once fought my sensei in a tournament and that he won over him .

First let me tell you that this guy is 23 years old - 2 years older than me -I have NEVER seen him participating in any kind of tournaments , he is bad as an instructor - I have visited the school were he train once - his students are worse than him , and my sensei has stopped sparring since 1997 , probably at the time he was still a white belt . That statment made me real mad to say the last of it , I hate it when someone badmouth sensei so I sent him a message that dares him to fight me anytime , anywhere .

Do you think that i have done the right thing ??

LOL! sounds like the kung fu movie I was watching at 12am on Kung fu theathre yesterday... 'you dishonour my teacherrrrrr'lol!!! all joking aside.. Brush it off man, just goes to show that this Sensei that goes around saying he beat your sensei has'nt learned one of the most important things in the Martial Arts 'humility' and humbleness! for that you should feel sorry for him, dont challenge him, he will come to his senses one day hopefully..

Just read the first 2 pages, and the last page, but did you talk to your Sensei about it? Mine would have either told us exactly how he was defeated, what he learned from it, and gone on with it. If it didn't happen, then my Madrich (Hebrew for guide or counselor) would end up praying for him and letting it go at that.

a bit late here, but I feel I have something important to add:

https://www.dictionary.com states 'dishonor' as:

dishonor

n 1: a state of shame or disgrace; "he was resigned to a life of dishonor" [syn: dishonour] [ant: honor] 2: lacking honor or integrity [syn: dishonour] [ant: honor] v 1: bring shame or dishonor upon; "he dishonored his family by committing a serious crime" [syn: disgrace, dishonour, attaint, shame] [ant: honor] 2: force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night" [syn: rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonour, outrage] 3: refuse to accept; "dishonor checks and drafts" [syn: dishonour] [ant: honor]

Funny that we in america have such a skewed sense of what honor really is. The guy didn't dishonor your snesei. He simply shot off his mouth to make himself feel better about his shortcomings.

I would have thought "hey good for you, can we move along and jsut teach the lesson please?"

some people are like that. It makes humble people that much more virtuous.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous