• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What if someone dishonored your sensei ??

We had a training session today , and before the class started , a green belt came to me and told me that he visited another dojo and met a co-intructor who was in charge of the class cause the original sensei wasn't there , any way , after introducing himself and all , that sempai at the other dojo told the guy from our school that he once fought my sensei in a tournament and that he won over him .

First let me tell you that this guy is 23 years old - 2 years older than me -I have NEVER seen him participating in any kind of tournaments , he is bad as an instructor - I have visited the school were he train once - his students are worse than him , and my sensei has stopped sparring since 1997 , probably at the time he was still a white belt . That statment made me real mad to say the last of it , I hate it when someone badmouth sensei so I sent him a message that dares him to fight me anytime , anywhere .

Do you think that i have done the right thing ??

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that it was necessary for you to do that. He doesnt hurt anyone by running his mouth. You know when it comes down to it you can wipe the floor with him so why create a problem.

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

Well I guess you'd have to know my sensei to really understand but I think I would laugh at anyone who made such an accusation. Not that it couldn't be true. It's just, well, I'd expect to see some kind of prothetics on the guy or maybe a breathing tube or something. My sensei isn't a mean guy or anything but the few times I have spared him have been harrowing experiences. The guy is just plain scary.

Regardless, that isn't really the point. What does it matter? You're sensei is what he is not because of what people say, but because of what he can do. What people say shouldn't effect how you see or resepect your sensei. You have you're own experiences for that. And wasting your time worrying about what insult was given by a random person you don't ever have to deal with again really sounds like a waste of your time. Just my opinion of course.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

If the guy just happened to beat him, I wouldnt say that its disrespectful that he only pointed that out.

If he sounds like hes a little full of it, then by all means, tell him to put up or shut up. If he refuses to fight you, then you have your answer.

If someone said that about my instructor, I would just laugh it off. Because he still practices EVERYTHING. He trains almost everyday early in the morning at the dojang before anyone gets there. I wouldn't even think about saying something like that behind his back. He could rip me in two without trying.

So, I would just blow it off. I am sure the guy is just having an ego trip. I'm sure your sensei is more than able to shred this guy.

Laurie F

Loyalty to your Sensei is normal, however, we have to remember that he’s just a person – not a deity. It very well could be true that he beat your Instructor in a sparring match. The fact that he seemed to be bragging about it makes me suspicious, though.

I also think that it was wrong for you to challenge him over this. He could have just been saying it to get you riled up - if that was his intention, he succeeded.

Sometimes rival Instructors make up stories for marketing purposes. We know that this just makes them look bad in the long run; we don’t need to do anything to make them look bad. I think you should talk to your Instructor about this. He may have some additional insight for you.

About two years ago, my Instructor sent out an e-mail to all of the Instructors in the area announcing moving to a new building. Some guy named Adrian Roman replied to all and included some very hateful remarks. I was waiting to see a response from someone else rebutting him, but I didn’t. So I though I’d send the rebuttal. I got to thinking about why no one tried to defend my Instructor then I realized: firing back an angry e-mail in return would only put us on the same level as him. Everyone on the distribution list was fully aware of who was telling the truth and who was making up slander.

Moral: sometimes it’s better to just ignore those who are mud-slinging to make themselves look better.