• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hurting people?

Had a buddy of mine from the Marines push me from behind, just jokeing. I did a simple low block, but had to spin around all fast & stuff. I almost broke his wrist, got lucky & hit him in the "right spot." if I wouldn't have pulled back at the last minute I would have broken the guys wrist.

Thing is you need to understand that for however long you've been training. You've been building on instinct & conditioning reflexes. The more you train the more stuff like will happen until you develop a lighter touch. Or hurt one of them on reflex, not meaning to & they learn not to mess around so much.

On the Blocking being strikes issue, I make the third person in this club. So do we get patches or have a secret handshake yet lol...

Later,

Ron

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family dont wake me up by touching me, they throw pillows at me....my friends make plenty noise when they are around me. I have always, since I was a child reacted with physical force whenever I was startled. So I have hurt plenty of friends and family unintentionally and a few strangers as well! :bawling:

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

This is a huge issue for me. I am always doing wing chun practice or some kind of heavy arms practice. I am used to clashing arms with more advanced students at my dojo every day.

Now I started wrestling at my school and it seems that I am not going soft enough with everyone.

Whenever I heard somebody was taking martial arts I used to be like "hey lets clash arms" and I would go fairly easy

the next day most of the people I clash with end up having real bad bruises all over their arms.

Conclusion: Never offer to clash arms. And if your friends get hurt teach them some qi gong or w/e it is u to do strengthen yourself. :brow:

YAY pepto bismol

This hurting people when they come up on you has confused. If I am not paying attention to my surroundings and someone snuck up on me I could maybe see this happening. MA training usually conditions you to react but also to be aware. Being aware reduces the need to block and strike because i was taken by surprise. As a young karateka this happened to me once. I talked to my sensei about it during a conversation. I even remember remarking how well conditioned karate was making me because I was able to react so fast. He kinda smiled at me and told me that I should have seen the guy coming and recognized that he meant no harm.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

This hurting people when they come up on you has confused. If I am not paying attention to my surroundings and someone snuck up on me I could maybe see this happening. MA training usually conditions you to react but also to be aware. Being aware reduces the need to block and strike.

I agree with this, 100%! :up:

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

This hurting people when they come up on you has confused. If I am not paying attention to my surroundings and someone snuck up on me I could maybe see this happening. MA training usually conditions you to react but also to be aware. Being aware reduces the need to block and strike.

I agree with this, 100%! :up:

I agree as well, but there are times when you get lost in thought etc. This is when it happens for me!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

Sometimes , i intentionally hurt my friends , especially those who know that i train in martial arts , and want to prove a point by punching or grabbing me ( like they want to prove that martial arts training is useless or they want to know how hard can a martial artist be ) so ijust give them what they deserve :brow:

And no , i have no problem with hurting people , my sensei told me once that if you wanna strike someone , don't give him the chance to strike back //* finish him *//

I like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone besides me have trouble with hurting their friends without meaning to?

For example I have had friends thro a punch at me jokeingly and I would block without thinking and end up hurting them and getting them mad at me. And no I did not brake someones arm or wrist just bruises.

Maybe its he training. Im so used to training with people who have conditioned their arms that when I meat the average Jo I end up hurting them.

Any way tell me what you think.

Lata! :karate:

bruises will heal - They will live

They should not fool around with you. Anyone that does not like to get bruises should not play with thier hands.