• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hurting people?

Does anyone besides me have trouble with hurting their friends without meaning to?

For example I have had friends thro a punch at me jokeingly and I would block without thinking and end up hurting them and getting them mad at me. And no I did not brake someones arm or wrist just bruises.

Maybe its he training. Im so used to training with people who have conditioned their arms that when I meat the average Jo I end up hurting them.

Any way tell me what you think.

Lata! :karate:

Pogo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I teach my students to not play around or play-fight with their non-martial artist friends specifically because of that. Especially at lower ranks, students develop power and speed well before they learn control.

The beginner student may have no intentions of harming his friend, but he just doesn't know how much power he has.

--

Well your in martial arts, your gonna hurt people without meaning to cause now you know how to punch and you know how to block, thats why i stopped screwing with my friends for the longest time unless they were in karate, you just got to have a little control thats all

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Congratulations! You’ve just found out that blocks are not just blocks. I teach, think of blocks as attacks.

Oh and maybe your friend won’t fool around like that anymore. And maybe he will respect your training.

More Practice

Sometimes , i intentionally hurt my friends , especially those who know that i train in martial arts , and want to prove a point by punching or grabbing me ( like they want to prove that martial arts training is useless or they want to know how hard can a martial artist be ) so ijust give them what they deserve :brow:

And no , i have no problem with hurting people , my sensei told me once that if you wanna strike someone , don't give him the chance to strike back //* finish him *//

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

My friends like to punch and push each other around. I use to be one of the ones that took it. They have something coming to them now ;)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Congratulations! You’ve just found out that blocks are not just blocks. I teach, think of blocks as attacks.

Oh and maybe your friend won’t fool around like that anymore. And maybe he will respect your training.

My teacher teaches the same thing and this kid just learned a leason too.

May you friend has also learned from this .