• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ahhh I cant take it anymore(George Dillman Rant)

Pressure point knockouts aren't the issue here. I think most people will admit those are possible. It's even scientifically backed that it is actually possible by manipulating the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. They are referring to George Dillman's No touch knockouts. He makes claims to be able to knock people out without touching them. He also claims to be able to move people using his chi. I respect him for his pressure point work, but not much after that.

I agree. If he had spent the last forty years on a mountain in Tibet I might believe the knockouts with just chi.

I guess he’s getting bored with teaching pressure point fighting. It’s to bad, he’s going to lose a lot of credibility.

More Practice

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that in a real fight knowledge of pressure point fighting puts you at an advantage. That doesn’t mean that you’re not going to get hit. You probably will, but when an opening to hit points that can knockout your opponent open up you can stop the fight right now. And hopefully without hurting your opponent too badly. I only mention the not hurting your attacker because we are going to be held to a higher standard the people who don’t have any training.

More Practice

But the question still remains: Could he do this in a real street confrontation?

Pressure point fighting is very do-able in a street fight, but knocking someone out without touching them? Only if a safe falls on their head at the right moment. That is known as the Wiley E. Coyote system of self-defense. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

George Dillman sincerely believes in what he is doing. No-touch knock outs, ki balls, and all. He teaches what he believes and what he thinks works. Can any of us say any more?

So you don't believe in chi? You don't think what he's doing works? Congratulations you have an opinion. But you don't have any more proof then George has so why mock it? Why does another person practicing what he thinks and has every reason to believe is a legit martial defense have to make anyone sick? Why is it such a tragedy that he teaches his kid what he knows and loves? Because it doesn't work? I would challenge anyone to prove that definitively.

Here's my opinion. Has George lied about who taught him? Yes. Is George a show man? Yes. Does he make a living off this stuff? Yes a very nice one. But what he does works great in his seminars. He has every reason to believe it works elsewhere. Now that's not to say that I personally believe that it will work on the street. I certainly wouldn't choose to put my life on the line with it. But the guy isn't a magician. He's not going out there purposely deceiving and coning people out of their money. He's teaching what he thinks is a legit skill and making a show of it to get people's attention. Beats the heck out of my job where I manage a printer business where we calculate exactly how bad of a product we can make and still sell it. Come on, who here wouldn't love to make a good living showing and teaching the art they love? So we don't believe in what he is teaching. Can't we disagree without being sickened?

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

But what he does works great in his seminars.

That's no different than the TV faith-healer who makes crippled people rise out of their wheel chairs and then cures un-curable cancer by placing his hands on the victim. It works fine on TV and at the revival, so it must be legitimate. I can't prove definitively that he doesn't really heal people, so I shouldn't be skeptical. Right?

Or how about the guy selling weight-loss pills that let you lose weight without diet or excersise. It works great on TV, and he even has before and after pictures to prove it. I could never prove definitively that it doesn't work...

--

But what he does works great in his seminars.

That's no different than the TV faith-healer who makes crippled people rise out of their wheel chairs and then cures un-curable cancer by placing his hands on the victim. It works fine on TV and at the revival, so it must be legitimate. I can't prove definitively that he doesn't really heal people, so I shouldn't be skeptical. Right?

Or how about the guy selling weight-loss pills that let you lose weight without diet or excersise. It works great on TV, and he even has before and after pictures to prove it. I could never prove definitively that it doesn't work... doesn't work...

--

First of all, please go ahead and be as skeptical as you like. From your perspective, you have every reason to be so. I'm not making an argument to quell skeptics here. I'm simply asking why people can't be respectfully skeptical.

Secondly, I think comparing what George is doing to Evangelical cancer cures and weight loss pills is inaccurate. These things are easy enough to disprove. You take an x-ray of the cancer before and after and you've got your proof one way or the other. Do a sample study of 200 people taking your weight loss pill vs a sugar pill and you've got proof one way or the other. What George is doing isn't that easy to prove or disprove. The guys he is doing this to are going out, cold. That much is easy to prove and has been done. Proving it is or isn't entirely psychosomatic is difficult at best, some might call it impossible. Say you put a guy in a room with a one way mirror and ask George to knock him out from outside the room. Who's to say the guy in the room doesn't have some kind of suggestion as to what's going on and still knocks himself out based on his expectation or perhaps chi doesn't flow throw windows or requires some kind of personal connection or awareness to transfer the energy. How do you really prove or disprove these things? Do they sound silly? To me and you yes, but that's really our culture speaking isn't it. It's certainly not scientific by any standard.

You could argue that an evangelical preacher is conning people because it is easy enough to prove or disprove what he is doing and he should have the responsibility to do so before he goes out the door making money with it. Same thing with the diet pills. But the same is not true with Dilman. What he does works for him. Often enough to where in his mind he's got proof that it works. Same is true with most of the self defense we practice ourselves. So why do we ridicule him when most of us stand in the same situation?

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

Sorry for not replying in awhile i didnt think i would get this many replies so soon

Sorry i cant seem to get the video though.

Back on topic.This is why i dont like theses No touck KO's because they ONLY works on Dillman Students and other affiliates and thats about it

O and if you saw the video he also claims to of taught Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali(also on his website) mostly likely as a Hook and Sinker method

look here http://www.dillman.com/about.asp

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

I think comparing what George is doing to Evangelical cancer cures and weight loss pills is inaccurate. These things are easy enough to disprove. You take an x-ray of the cancer before and after and you've got your proof one way or the other. Do a sample study of 200 people taking your weight loss pill vs a sugar pill and you've got proof one way or the other. What George is doing isn't that easy to prove or disprove.

That is wrong. You or I cannot take an x-ray of the miracle cure recipient or do a double blind study of 200 diet pill subjects any more than we could check the conscousness of a victim of the "no touch KO" at a seminar or on video.

That's how every charlatan with a successful scam works. Make an outrageous claim that he "proves" on his own terms and that his audience cannot disprove.

One more thing: apparently it is known that this guy has lied about who taught him. Since his integrity is suspect, everything he claims should be automatically considered suspect.

--

there is no secret to pressure points...they are there, and as for the chi ball, that stuff is horrible i dont believe that, and the no hit KO what a rip off there is no such thing the only way you can KO someone is by hitting or kicking them

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/