• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ahhh I cant take it anymore(George Dillman Rant)

Im sorry if some of this had been said before but i need to get this stuff out of my system.I was recently watching George Dillman on National Geographic over on the FightingArts Forum and it made me sick! Why are there so many people trying to sell bogus stuff and pass it off as Martial Arts.Does Dillman actually teach Karate anymore or does he just put on a magic show for seminar attendees.The worse part of that is when he had his 13 year old kid making a chi ball.It was very sad because when that kid gets to high school and maybe they do wrestling in gym and he get beaten badly he'll wonder why his No Touch KO didnt work.Also after the Skeptic was tested he made a complelty stupid excuse why it didnt work.

I guess people like this seminars because they rather use a no touch KO rather than do put the work in to be a martial arts

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've never been KO'd with his type of techniques you don’t know what you’re missing. That stuff really works. As far as his ability to create a chi ball or move people by just using his chi, well I’m also skeptical. But I have and do work with knockouts using pressure points. It’s all right there in kata. It really is what karate is all about. He doesn’t teach regular classes any more. He closed his school about a year and a half ago so he could concentrate on doing seminars. I know, he sold out to the all mighty dollar.

More Practice

I noticed when dillmen does these knock blows the guy is just standing there.In a real fight the guy is not going to be standing there waiting for you to knock him out,somy question can he do it for real in a real situation?

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Pressure point knockouts aren't the issue here. I think most people will admit those are possible. It's even scientifically backed that it is actually possible by manipulating the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. They are referring to George Dillman's No touch knockouts. He makes claims to be able to knock people out without touching them. He also claims to be able to move people using his chi. I respect him for his pressure point work, but not much after that.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Pressure point knockouts aren't the issue here. I think most people will admit those are possible. It's even scientifically backed that it is actually possible by manipulating the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. They are referring to George Dillman's No touch knockouts. He makes claims to be able to knock people out without touching them. He also claims to be able to move people using his chi.

I agree 100% with this...however...

I respect him for his pressure point work, but not much after that.

I have no respect for a man that lied publically, and for years (might still be doing so for all I know) about where he learned his pressure point technique. It is well documented and confirmed by Fuse Kise Sensei that Dillman spent only a couple of hours in a motel room talking to OSensei Soken and was NOT taught anything, yet he claims to have been taught all the "secrets" of that system in regards to pressure points...BAH! :kaioken:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I saw Dillman and his student knocking down people "using chi" without touching them on t.v.

After the demo a skeptic contacted them and asked to demonstrate on him. One of Dillman's top students tried his chi on the skeptic and was unable to move him at all.

Dillman commented later that the skeptic knew how to neutralize the chi.

What works works