Opinion on UFC

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I think they have molded themselves into thinking that their way of fighting is the best and its not necesarily so.

For their fighting and competitions, keep fighting that way, its how they do it anyway.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

well, I think they have molded themselves into thinking that their way of fighting is the best and its not necesarily so.

For their fighting and competitions, keep fighting that way, its how they do it anyway.

that goes both ways. I literally meet TMA all the time that say things like "I will never go to the ground, so I don't need grappling" and "boxers have no skill - they just stand there and slug each other" When I heard them say this, I just laughed.One has also told me "In a real fight, all you have to do is hit them in the throat or kick them in the nuts" - as if it's that easy.

I literally meet TMA all the time that say things like "I will never go to the ground, so I don't need grappling" and "boxers have no skill - they just stand there and slug each other" When I heard them say this, I just laughed.One has also told me "In a real fight, all you have to do is hit them in the throat or kick them in the nuts" - as if it's that easy.

The only thing more annoying then people making certain claims is when you ask them to back up their talk.

"I can knock you out before you even touch me"

when asked to prove it....

"I can only fight if its a life or death situation- sport fighting is dishonorable."

I guess this means they're doomed to forever be picked on by any bully or drunk bar patron, so long as his doesnt brandish a knife or gun. :wink:

I literally meet TMA all the time that say things like "I will never go to the ground, so I don't need grappling" and "boxers have no skill - they just stand there and slug each other" When I heard them say this, I just laughed.One has also told me "In a real fight, all you have to do is hit them in the throat or kick them in the nuts" - as if it's that easy.

The only thing more annoying then people making certain claims is when you ask them to back up their talk.

"I can only fight if its a life or death situation- sport fighting is dishonorable."

I guess this means they're doomed to forever be picked on by any bully or drunk bar patron, so long as his doesnt brandish a knife or gun. :wink:

I consider myself a "traditional" martial artist, but I'll fight ya even if Buddha gets mad at me :)

"Question oneself, before you question others"

In my opinion we didnt get to see which worked best, we got to see who trained the hardest.

If the level of commitment to martial arts is limited to some, even if its a great style, you are going to lose to someone who trains 10 times harder than you

In my opinion we didnt get to see which worked best, we got to see who trained the hardest.

If the level of commitment to martial arts is limited to some, even if its a great style, you are going to lose to someone who trains 10 times harder than you

Today, we see who trains hardest. In the initial competitions, we saw which worked best when one wasn't prepared for the other. a grappler with no striking training vs a striker with no grappling training. The grapplers proved that it's easier than most people think it is to take a person down. Doesn't mean it's the best, but it opened the eyes of the general public to some things.

agreed. The "kick em in the nuts" guy told me he didn't want to hurt me, when I told him we could spar, but he was welcome to strike both my throat and groin. Another told me that he can only fight at his best when his life is in danger.

Today, we see who trains hardest. In the initial competitions, we saw which worked best when one wasn't prepared for the other. a grappler with no striking training vs a striker with no grappling training. The grapplers proved that it's easier than most people think it is to take a person down. Doesn't mean it's the best, but it opened the eyes of the general public to some things.

Take us as an example:

I know because u told me, you train like an athlete. I'm a normal college sutdent whi just happens to train whenever he has the chance.

If we were to fight, you would have the advantage right off the bat just because you train like an athlete, I dont.

If we trained exactly the same, we would both have the same chance of winning the fight.

Take us as an example:

I know because u told me, you train like an athlete. I'm a normal college sutdent whi just happens to train whenever he has the chance.

If we were to fight, you would have the advantage right off the bat just because you train like an athlete, I dont.

If we trained exactly the same, we would both have the same chance of winning the fight.

The nature of the style is very much responsible for this though. For instance, when I group my entire workout schedule together (lifting weights and training) most of my time is by far spent training. The reason why I have the endurance and strength I do is because I have to fight every night. The same is said for a boxer, a muay thai fighter, or a wrestler who trains often. The inherent nature of the martial art is going to produce tougher fighters because they have tougher workouts.