• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opinion on UFC

I understand your point but I disagree. A no-kidding life and death situation is more stressful than a professional fight. When you are literally fighting for your life, your motivation to succeed is as strong as it can ever get. MMA guys do not train how to attack and kill people with knives, guns, and other weapons - most military people, at least those who could or do see combat, do.

You are right, no one trains by actually taking those lethal training encounters to real conclusions. That only happens in combat. But the mental leap required to take a life is not something MMA guys are exposed to.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point but I disagree. A no-kidding life and death situation is more stressful than a professional fight. When you are literally fighting for your life, your motivation to succeed is as strong as it can ever get. .

Of course it is, but such altercations usually occur so quickly that you dont have time to think. If you're not thinking, you're not going to panic. When you have time (especially alot of it i.e. a pro fight 2 months away) you have all that time to ponder the results and the ifs. I've been in a few altercations where I'vewas fighting with everything I had- I didnt know my opponents intentions. Each and every one of these "real" altercations takes a far backseat in comparison to any of my professional matches.

MMA guys do not train how to attack and kill people with knives, guns, and other weapons - most military people, at least those who could or do see combat, do

You are right, no one trains by actually taking those lethal training encounters to real conclusions. That only happens in combat. But the mental leap required to take a life is not something MMA guys are exposed to.

Im not going to argue knives, guns, or other weapons. Im only arguing from an unarmed perspective.

I've been in a few altercations where I was fighting with everything I had- I didnt know my opponents intentions. Each and every one of these "real" altercations takes a far backseat in comparison to any of my professional matches.

I don't have your real-life or professional experience, so I will acquiesce. I agree that the buildup to any competition is worse than the competition itself.

tournament competition and professional fights are more stressfull than real life encounters, simply because the anticipation of a fight is worse than the fight itself.

I am not so sure that I would agree with this statement. I get nervous prior to a tournament, but not until I am actually there. And even then, it does not compare even in the least to the way I feel when someone starts to get in my face, get rowdy, and starts getting into fight mode. That feels waaaaay different, and much more uncomfortable.

ninjer wrote:

tournament competition and professional fights are more stressfull than real life encounters, simply because the anticipation of a fight is worse than the fight itself.

I am not so sure that I would agree with this statement. I get nervous prior to a tournament, but not until I am actually there. And even then, it does not compare even in the least to the way I feel when someone starts to get in my face, get rowdy, and starts getting into fight mode. That feels waaaaay different, and much more uncomfortable.

That's what I think, too. When I have literally fought for my life, it has been in the outdoors, the ocean, or in an airplane; I can't say what that's like when fighting another human hand to hand. But my life was literally at stake, it was way more stressful than any competition I've ever been in.

Hello, Ufc and other's like it ,is for entertainment. UFC fighters are some of the best fighter in todays world.

All these fights have rules,starting times,refrees, and can give up or refree's stopping and ending the fights.

Yes NOT all fights go to the ground. Many are knock outs. UFC and other like it is fun to watch.

====================================

Remember REAL fights have NO rules,NO starting or ending time, No refrees, can be FAST and FURIOUS....and one can be killed.

IN REAl FIGHTS: Any techniques can be use, eye gougeing,throat strikes, breaking necks,slapping ears,breaking anything,chokes to kill, and any weapons can be use, including biting, tearing, ripping and so on.

=====================================

UFC is one of the closest tthing to real fighting, Im sure if they were fighting to the death....things would be very different. People love to see fights,(It's in our nature). UFC has rules...it needs them. and has it place for entertainments sports. JUST A SPORT .........Aloha

They are the modern-day gladiators.

The UFC may be just a sport, however, it has come the closest to bridging the gap of MA training and actual fighting. Its extensive use of the 3 ranges of combat is what helps to make it one of the most all-inclusive fight/sports out there.

Try this. Take an MMA athlete, who has trained for 6 months, and pit him in the ring against the TKD practitioner who has trained for 6 months. What do you suppose the outcome would be?