• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fencing

Sengra

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Those three mentioned, although there are a variety of grips associated with each one, especially the epee'.

I prefer the sabre. It is more inline with the styles i have come to respect and study and has more in-your-face applicability. ;P

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Definitely the sabre. It feels better in my hand and the target area is about the same as Kendo. Everything above the waist.

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

its weird i never really thought of fencing as a martial art but somepoeple all yoga a martial art which is weird so if that is one fencing has to be one

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

the term martial art encompasses anything that has to do with war or battle. It is not exclusive to the realm of East Asia. fencing, Greek spear work, Jousting, they are all martial arts. As for fencing, I like the saber the most

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

as far as modern sport fencing goes, the epee, but it's still fun to toy around with the old rapier and main gauche...am i right?

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

i would go with a short rapier. its not that i dont enjoy sberfencing,(My dad has a wicked cool sbaer with his name engraved on it(its a military one))i just like short rapiers best. i dont like length, because though longer weapons have the advantage, short weapons dont draw your strength as fast. :-? :brow: :evil: :karate: