darkness

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot my belt and my sensei didn't let me practice. Same thing if you forget your gi.

I find that to be a bit militant. People forget things, and if they are paying me for lessons, denying them the lessons as "punishment" for something that was an accident doesn't teach them anything at all other than to convince them that I am not a balanced person.

I personally prefer to train in a t-shirt and shorts without the gi. I find the popping noise that the gi makes causes me to get complacent thinking that my techniques sound and look fast and snappy. I don't mind if a student forgets their stuff. As an instructor, I always kept spare black belts of mine on hand for students to wear when they forgot their belts, and I used to keep spare uniforms in the club too. So, when they forgot, I just let them put on my old, worn-out stuff and roll up the sleeves or whatever and get a workout.

I try to remember that I am not Funakoshi and these students are not going off to World War II to fight and die for the Emperor. So, the training really doesn't need to be that militaristic to for them to get the point, imo.

I also forgot my belt once , I wqas shodan then , i felt real weirdf

How does your ranking system go?

White , orange , blue , yellow , green , brown & black

I am nidan now if that is what u mean

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Thank you for your opinion 24fightingchickens. I agree with you. I was a brown belt about that time and yes he did things the military way. I'm not longer training with him for about two years because we move to another state. I use to argue with him a lot. I guess was his pay back.

I accidently took my sons ghi pants with my top.

It wasn't pretty :o . It was like trying to put 10lbs of baloney in a 5 lb sack. :P

Fortunately someone had a spare pair of pants my size.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Last week was the first time I ever forgot my belt! Luckily, there are always others lying around in the back rooms, and such. I've also forgotten things like sports bras. One time, I lost one, and months later, it floated up in the lost and found. You just never know. :P

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."