• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to execute the thai kick?

Kick with your shin, not your instep. Step through and kick through your target- only your hips are moving your leg with the low kicks, your quadricep never flexes, your leg never extends. If you want, when you're good at that, just as you land your blow you can push your shin into them (thus extending your leg) which will do two things- push you backwards probably, and "cut" into that muscle- it hurts so much more than just the impact. The downward angle isn't necessary, but like the cut, just adds that much more to it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

actually the thai kick is harder to catch than the snap kick IMHO theres so much power in that kick that you would have to use your body and your arms to catch it and even then you risk injury because you have to take the hit, not saying its impossible just that i have only managed to catch two of them in smokers (full contact sparring)

Fist visible Strike invisible

actually the thai kick is harder to catch than the snap kick IMHO theres so much power in that kick that you would have to use your body and your arms to catch it and even then you risk injury because you have to take the hit, not saying its impossible just that i have only managed to catch two of them in smokers (full contact sparring)

nah, it's easier to catch. it's easier because it's slower. it's more powerful, true, but there are ways to deal with that. Either step laterally away from the kick as you catch it - moving you away from the area of strongest impact, or step into it - cutting off the power before it reaches it's maximum.

the snapping kick is faster, but lacks the power of the thai roundhouse.

there is a describation of karate , taekwondo , muay thai , and kyokushin roundhouses in that page , you must scroll down a li'l bit to find the image describing those roundhouses

http://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/KickInstruction.htm

[/img]

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

thanks

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.