• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i know that the grand master of tkd is General Choi and that he trainned the 10 tigers ( i think thats the right name) but how do all of the Rhees fit in and how are they all related??.

i know of the 2 main world masters

Master Chong chul Rhee

and Master Jhoon Rhee but how do the others fit in and how many of them are there. so far i know of

chong hyup Rhee

chon yoon Rhee

simon Rhee

Phillip Rhee but im certain thats thers more.

can any1 help

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know about the other Master Rhees.

Well, for Grand Master Jhoon Rhee, he is not part of the official International Tae Kwon do federation. He developed his own system of TKD. (World Congress of Martial Arts-Jhoon Rhee's system/"Korean Karate".) (Someone correct me if i'm wrong! All heard this all from one I.T.F Master.)

Although its roots are from the I.T.F system, Jhoon Rhee branched off early before General Choi made changes to the I.T.F system. Therefore, Jhoon Rhee didn't incorporate these changes and further modified the I.T.F system by creating forms of his own. Some of the forms are similiar; however, JHoon rhee's system of TKD lacks the 'sine wave' application and he created more forms of his own. Furthermore, there's more emphasis on Sport Karate and tournament sparring in Jhoon Ree's system of TkD, compared to more traditional techniques in the I.T.F system.(correct me if i'm wrong, KIck chick!)

As a result, Grand Master Jhoon Rhee is not officially part of the I.T.F system of TKD.

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-04-01 19:09 ]

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt