• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju Ryu katas.

Smitty

Goju Ryu doesn't have Gekisai dai san,how come if Miyagi Sensei developed it?

Goju-Ryu as it is practiced by members of the Sho-Rei-Shobu-Kan Budo Organization does include a Gekisai Dai San as part of its kata curriculum. It is taught to students at Rokyu level.

It just goes to show that different schools/organizations that even though they may practice the same style that there are different curriculums.

Malanovaus

Okinawan Goju-Ryu

Karate ni sente nashi

The answers are on the floor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goju Ryu doesn't have Gekisai dai san,how come if Miyagi Sensei developed it?

Goju-Ryu as it is practiced by members of the Sho-Rei-Shobu-Kan Budo Organization does include a Gekisai Dai San as part of its kata curriculum. It is taught to students at Rokyu level.

It just goes to show that different schools/organizations that even though they may practice the same style that there are different curriculums.

oh ok,because at my dojo or organization we just have the original 12,and we also have hakutsuru,but I don't know when somebody learns that kata.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

We have 5 white belt level Taikyoku katas...I guess every school is different...

Well, the fifth, Taikyoku Daishu-sho, is really more of an in between white and yellow kata, if that makes sense.... it's kind of a transition type of thing.

If you're reaching for the stars, don't be satisfied with touching the ceiling.

We have 5 white belt level Taikyoku katas...I guess every school is different...

Well, the fifth, Taikyoku Daishu-sho, is really more of an in between white and yellow kata, if that makes sense.... it's kind of a transition type of thing.

so do adults in your school also learn the taikyoku katas or is it reserved for the chldren?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

i do goju ryu and i know its in our system, and also sanchin ne or sanchin 2? its a fun one.

Sanchin ni ?? That's a first

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

i do goju ryu and i know its in our system, and also sanchin ne or sanchin 2? its a fun one.

yeah that was the first time I've heard of it too.Maybe his sensei or organization made it.Also I've heard of sanchin being practiced with closed hands and open hands,so maybe he's reffering to the open handed version.

yeah that was the first time I've heard of it too.Maybe his sensei or organization made it.Also I've heard of sanchin being practiced with closed hands and open hands,so maybe he's reffering to the open handed version.

He also might be referring to Yamaguchi Sensei's version of Sanchin. From what I understand, it was made with turns to make it more tournament-usable.