• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

karate question

Chris05

who do u think is the best martialartist ever?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. who do u think is the best martialartist ever?

• bruce lee
    • chuck norris

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hmmmm tough question honestly.

skill wise each is a master

fighting wise each are legends

bruce lee helped revolutionize chinese martial arts to the western world

chuck norris has helped make the korean arts very popular in the states.

each have a great movie career.

philosophically each are undisputedly masters.

everyone knows of bruce lees exploits of a new way to understand martial arts....but, chuck norris has also come to that concept, he just wasn't the first.

If bruce lee would have lived much longer, then we could see how great he could have been, but he didn't ....so in comparison of how good he was as a martial artist: knowledge, skill and involvement in the community and society as a whole along with spreading martial arts.....each have become masters in my eyes.

I think that chuck norris has had the benefit to learn from Bruce and has had many years to build on his teachings and surpass him.

I give the upper hand to chuck norris, only because he out lived bruce lee.

If bruce lee was alive today, it would be much different, i can only imagine what things he would have came up with.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I have a better question:

Why won't anyone let Bruce Lee go? It seems like every time I open a page here I see a Bruce Lee quote. Yes, he was a master. So was Gichin Funakoshi. So was Choshin Chibana. Chojun Miyagi. Kanryo Higashionna.

Let it rest already. Man.

I have a better question:

Why won't anyone let Bruce Lee go? It seems like every time I open a page here I see a Bruce Lee quote. Yes, he was a master. So was Gichin Funakoshi. So was Choshin Chibana. Chojun Miyagi. Kanryo Higashionna.

Let it rest already. Man.

Agreed :karate:

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

He does get a bit too much attention. I mean one of the best martial artist i have ever heard of was Itoman Bunkichi and how many of you have ever ehard of him. He could jump like 15 or 20 feet straight up and do amazing things, not to mention he was really fast at dodging and beat a few samurais just be dodging their sword attacks. THen there was a man named agena who had amazing strong fingers and fists. He could also jump pretty high.

But to answer the question, the correct breathing differs in each style. I learn to be calm and have no anger in my breathing, but in self defense classes sometimes peopel are told to be angry although what i learn is that drains your energy very quickly and it can tense up yoru body so you dont get the chi flowing and you dont get as much power. The are other ways though, jut in wha ti practice alot is focused towards peaceful ways. And splits...the only use for those is in capoeira because that was originally supposed to be looking like a dance so the slavers wouldnt mind the slaves practicing. O and in a few styles splits are used in strikes like in a kung fu style the practitioner rises their foot al the way up and grabs in kidna in a split then kinda falls down into a split. Its weird to see

Focus

Why_Worry , it's not only about jumping high , as a matter of fact it's not at all about high jumps , jumping high is good for ballet dancers not for martial artists

One other thing , believe in nothing until you actually c it .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

bruce lee just becuase he had every style in his locker whenever he needed it

I don't know alot about Bruce Lee, but I'll repeat the old saying:

"Jack of all trades, master of none."