• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

important question

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i'm saying, don't think of it as a test. instead, consider it a formality. I.e., you already earned the belt, you just have to do this 'dance' in front of the instructors to show 'them' that you already earned it. ;)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Our high red test (1st gup/kyu) is just like the black belt test in our school (except there's no "power camp"). I failed that test. BUT that was my fault. I didn't prepare at all. I figured if I "winged" it since I knew my stuff (so I thought), I'd do fine. Wrong. I kind of made myself nervous by thinking that this is a BB test (I tested with BBs) before the test, and I knew I didn't prepare. I knew I failed in the first 1/2 hour of the test :(

So, my advice is, practice like crazy (go through your forms ect, at least, every other day). Make sure you know your stuff. But don't do anything the day before your test, except get plenty of rest.

As far as school tests, I haven't taken one of those in 12 years, so I really couldn't help ya there, except study alot.

Laurie F

Study before the test. Get lots of sleep the night of the test. Drink plenty of water. No caffiene. When you get to the test, just take it. Don't ruminate on what the test means or anything like that. The test measures what you have learned, and by the time you reach for the door, your ability to control that has vanished. So just do what you can and relax, because your grade was essentially decided the moment you stepped in the testing center doors.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia