• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Goju Ryu like?
well it's great for close quarters combat,it emphesizes both hard and soft techniques,it has a lot of circular techniques,high kicking isn't recomended for real situations,it has a lot of nasty techniques that will leave a person crying for their mommy,it doesn't have any weapons,it's very much into conditioning,has some weird okinawan weight training,it has a lot of sweeps,some grappling,it has a lot of breathing to help condition(as seen in the sanchin kata),it has a lot of joint locks,take downs,not much of any flashy moves,has some animal influences,big on joint kicks and joint manipulation,alot of open hand punches and blocks(like spear hand and hook block),does point sparring,is big on kata and it's bunkai,and etc.I hope this answered your question.if you have more questions,or more specific questions go ahead and ask or send me a message. :karate:
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

awesome, thanks
your welcome,now I'm guessing I that I should be asking:

What is shotokan like?

It always sticks to the basics, and we dont usually work on the fancy stuff. I find shotokan really concentretes on deep stances and we really train stances all the time constantly, and the techniques we do create strength.

It also does not recommend high kicks for real life and i find it very direct. No weapons, and training is a little similar from what i know to gojo-ryu. Also very big on kata, and we also do point sparring. It doesnt however rely very much on any joint locks, but it does focus on manipulating thier body so you can preform a powerful technique or just manuvering yourself. Thats just a little about it of course

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

hmm shotokan has some similarities with Goju Ryu.We also stick to the basics,have deep stances,and our techniques and training also create strength.Also I think this is also another difference we do shiko dachi and you guys do kibo dachi,amI right about the kibo dachi?

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

hmm shotokan has some similarities with Goju Ryu.We also stick to the basics,have deep stances,and our techniques and training also create strength.Also I think this is also another difference we do shiko dachi and you guys do kibo dachi,amI right about the kibo dachi?

i would beleive so

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn