• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wondering if anyone can help?

Jay

when i do pushing hands (sparing standing in one place hands in contact) i seem to be a bit of a wimp i think im more worried abouit getting hit than concentrationg on what i am doing and therefore i always lose (this only occurs against certain people) is there anything i can do about this? whereas in kumite i feel relaxed and there is no queswtion whether i am going to get hit becuase i never do

is it to do with the distance?

any ideas

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It maybe that you feel your not in control of your own area where is in sparring it is pretty much up to you. However i dont have any advice other wise...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Most likely because it's a new experience, and/or you're just not comfortable with it. as with anything you need to find out exactly what it is that bugs you about it and throws you off your game, and adress the issue.

Has your routine changed at all before one of your pushing hands matches as opposed to a regular sparring match? Get yourself grounded mentally, keep yourself relaxed, and remember to just keep things simple..the more complicated you make it in your own mine, the harder it will be for you.

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

when i do pushing hands (sparing standing in one place hands in contact) i seem to be a bit of a wimp i think im more worried abouit getting hit than concentrationg on what i am doing and therefore i always lose (this only occurs against certain people) is there anything i can do about this? whereas in kumite i feel relaxed and there is no queswtion whether i am going to get hit becuase i never do

is it to do with the distance?

any ideas

you did say that it happens on some people and no on others so mabey you r scared off them and im not being nasty cause its happened to me but you might like kumati better and you are not scared off getting hit

A.kelly