Black Belt magazine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB magazine like Inside Kung-Fu is just okay in my opinion. I've suscribed to both, and for the most part I've grown tired of their repetitive work. But hey, if you think that its worth something to your training and knowledge in martial arts, then go for it ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I see Black Belt magazine to martial arts, as Spin, or Rolling Stone is to music. They keep up with the latest trends, but don't have alot of deep information. The articles provide an overview of certain martial arts, or people in the MA. The interviews are pretty biographical in nature, not alot of depth. Overall, I would recommend it for a new martial artist as a good source of information, but, other sources will need to be found for more in- depth information.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

I kinda view it the same way i view bodybuilder magazines. Alot of hype. Not saying there isnt some useful info in them, just I take it all with a grain of salt.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I subscribed to BB Mag for probably 15 years or so, then dropped it and have hardly picked up the mag since. The articles are generally written by, and about, whoever is paying for the largest ads in the mag. I got tired of the same garbage month after month about ninjas (this was a long while back) and Bruce Lee.

What you need to do is buy one or two copies of it, read them, and if yo uliek them...buy it. If not, don't.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I've thought about subscribing, but like others said, most of the articles are fluff or pitches for ads. Every once in awhile, I'll buy it on the newsstand. If I find I'm spending more than a subscription, I'll subscribe, otherwise, I might suggest you do what I'm doing to see if it's worth the subscription cost.